Zetaboards - Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by jc_91, Dec 1, 2007.

Zetaboards, Do you like it?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2007.
  1. Yes (please state why below)

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No (please state why below)n

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Other (please state why below)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. jc_91

jc_91 Aspirant

+0
    I saw the full release and thought, what do you think of Zetaboards...do you love it or hate it?

I quite like it, seems simple and easy to use so i'm going to beta a forum on it for the time being and go from there.

2. Extreme

Extreme Adherent

+1
    Can we download it? Or is it just available on free hosting?

3. Hangman

Hangman Tazmanian

+269
    It's an exclusive piece of software used by a free hosting provider.

4. shadow82x

shadow82x Adherent

+2
    I don't like it because you can't download it. Still reminds me of IPB in every way too.

5. Lithium

Lithium Participant

+0
    If I could download it and host it myself I would love it. But I tend to stay away from using free forum hosters, so I'll pass.

6. SageStone

SageStone just david(:

+28
    Other: Never heard of it

7. NLMOM

NLMOM Aspirant

+0
    I converted from invisionfree to zetaboards just this week. I have been playing on a zeta test board since just after xmas though. Like any new software it still has a few bugs to be worked out... but over all I am very happy with it! You all might appreciate this... the admin cp is a total overhaul and mod cp is not integrated... truly the best part of the upgrade imo. I think alot of admin will agree.. the zetaboards admin cp is 200% more user friendly in comparison.

8. Ragnorak

Ragnorak Neophyte

+0
    Well as far as I've seen, I like it. I liked IPB quite a bit. And then I switched to Zeta, and love how its a little more organized, yet, still similar to IPB.

9. kevinp

kevinp Aspirant

+0
    Well my conversion didn't go so well and I have a few problems with mine, there are blank spaces in the admincp where the slider controls should be, I cannot edit anything in admincp as when I press the edit or what ever the button says I am taken to a blank page. Some of the buttons on the main page eg; preferences takes me to a blank page. I have had no reply from support since saturday morning (yes I know there was a data centre problem)

So at the moment I am not that happy with my conversion, I have had little help from the forums, none of the support has answered any of my questions.
    so if I could go back in time would I have clicked that convert button.

No I would not
    Kev

10. Ddraiggoch08

Ddraiggoch08 Aspirant

+0
    No, I don't like it. It reminds me of IPB, and I find phpBB, MyBB, SMF etc to have loads more features. It has some nifty things, yes, but that's it really.

11. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Fanatic

+423
    Sorry to bump this but I wanted to comment on this.

For free hosting software I think its one of the best options.

i find it fair better than probards (who I'm currently with)

But as many have mentioned its still has its limitation.

But I do like the admin CP.

If were to go free hosting again it would be something I would heavily consider.

12. Jura

Jura Devotee

+232
    I love the moderator control panel but not the admin controls. A lot of the skins made for it seem bulky for some reason.

13. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Futurama Forum Owner

+0
    I hate it, horrible looking software.

14. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Fanatic

+423
    already posted.... wopps.

15. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Aspirant

+0
    I switched over, finally, this week. I had been putting it off because even though I had made a test board to familiarize myself with it, I was worried about not being able to easily do what comes naturally with IF.

There's plenty of pros and cons about ZB. The security features are much better, as is the ability to remove members that signed up and never participated for years (instead of hunting them down and removing them one by one, you could set parameters and wipe out large chunks).

The biggest problem is with people using browsers older than a year or two. Mods don't show, or there's problems logging in (especially from cells) and you lose alot of admin options in regards to laying the smack down on misbehaving posters.

And half the mods listed on the ZB support forum don't work. LOL

Wait... I did say there were pros, too, didn't I?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.