Zetaboards is going

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by IntoxNitram, May 8, 2018.

1. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus

+86
    I've heard of it but I don't believe I've used it before....

2. Livyjr

Livyjr Enthusiast

+24
    And Zetaboards was nothing unique.

It was nothing more than a phpBB platform, as is Tapatalk, and as was the John Kerry forum in 2004, CommonGroundCommonSense in 2005, and InvisionFree in 2010 and my present board in 2018.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  3. Livyjr

Livyjr Enthusiast

+24
    You should give it a try, I would be curious as to your thoughts on that platform.

I keep getting messages from them about all the problems they are having with the site.

4. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus

+86
    You don't want to self host? I haven't run a hosted forum since like 1999. lol

5. Livyjr

Livyjr Enthusiast

+24
    I have self-hosted.

Brandon Kopetzky has taught me a valuable lesson as to how dishonest and untrustworthy people are who run hosted forums like Zetaboards.

6. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus

+86
    Ah cool. So what script did you settle on? I've used Xenforo since around 2014.

7. Livyjr

Livyjr Enthusiast

+24
    I am using phpBB at the suggestion of some of the posters in here.

It perhaps is old-fashioned, but like an old Chevy pick-up truck, it hauls the loads I need hauled.

I am unfamiliar with Xenforo, so I can't comment on that intelligently.

8. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus

+86
    phpBB was one of, it not the, first self hosted forum script for me. It was decent, and back then, the #1 forum script. I've since used IPB and vBulletin (both paid) along with SMF, MyBB, Vanilla and several others. :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.