Zetaboards Completely Down?

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by JadedOne, Jun 1, 2008.

1. george1234

george1234 Enthusiast

+0
    Back...

2. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    Looks like quite a few of them are still down though.

3. BUUZBEE

BUUZBEE Neophyte

+0
    My forum is up, but i have members that can log on but just get errors if they try to post... i have no idea if its just a problem from the switch or from this fire :(

I'm glad I found this website though :)

4. motokochan

motokochan Habitué

+20
    One thing to try is the following, if you are running Windows:

1. Close all instances of your browser.
    2. Open the command prompt. (Start / Run / "cmd")
    3. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press enter. You should see a message like "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
    4. Type "exit" and press enter to clsoe the command prompt.
    5. Try viewing the sites again.

Basically, both the browser and Windows maintain a local cache of DNS information from DNS to speed up surfing. However, sometimes in cases like this, the cache information will be outdated. Doing the above will make Windows get the DNS information fresh. It doesn't guarantee the information will be new as the DNS server you use might still hold the old information, but it is worth a try.

Mac users can type "lookupd -flushcache" in terminal. Make sure all browsers are closed before doing so.

Note: If you are using Vista, you must start the command prompt with Administrator permissions.

5. kosstamojan07

kosstamojan07 Neophyte

+0
    My members are reporting clear sailing now, so maybe the problem's cleared up. :) I hope so; people were getting worried. Namely me. :D

At any rate, I'm gonna stick around here for at least a little while, see what I can learn. This seems like a good resource. :)

6. BUUZBEE

BUUZBEE Neophyte

+0
    Now my forum is down LOL :(

7. george1234

george1234 Enthusiast

+0
    still...

8. motokochan

motokochan Habitué

+20
    Patience, people. DNS changes take time to spread.

However, some ISPs tend to have bad DNS servers that cache much longer than they should (looking at you, AT&T/SBC/BellSouth unless you've fixed it since). In these cases, switching the DNS servers you use can help you connect back quicker.

If you are in this situation and are a bit impatient, try temporarily using the following servers:

Pick one or two of those at random. They are operated by Level3 (big backbone provider) for Verizon Business DSL customers, but will respond to any public query.

You can also try using OpenDNS which should respect cache times (TTL in DNS-speak). Instructions are at the link.

Note: I haven't tested either one (I have a private DNS server I use which I control), but they should both be good.

9. Ragnorak

Ragnorak Neophyte

+0
    Well, its finally back up for me!

10. BUUZBEE

BUUZBEE Neophyte

+0
    I'm 1/2 way up LOL... i can get onto the forum, but if you try to go anywhere on the forum, you get the error.

11. NLMOM

NLMOM Aspirant

+0
    Seems like everything is back on track for me as well! :D

12. Majestyc

Majestyc Aspirant

+0
    My forum is back for me as well. :)

13. Always Reality TV

Always Reality TV Neophyte

+0
    My forum is back, but I can't reach the support forum... But I was able to reach the support forum from work...

14. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Neophyte

+0
    Finally back up for me. Checked before I registered here - it was down. I register here - it's up.

15. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    See how powerful registering here is? ;)

16. Naviero

Naviero Love

+4
    I think the only boards that aren't working now are z1 conversions, so those under the s2.zetaboards.com URL. Only some of these though, such as the ZBTZ.

17. guacamole

guacamole Neophyte

+0
    no, this hasn't been resolved yet. Yesterday some of my members were having difficulties accessing the board. Today is me having difficulties. This morning was fine but I haven't been able to reach my board this whole afternoon. I'm on server 6, invisionfree.
    This is very frustrating, I can't even access IF forums, only zetaboards

I don't understand why I can't reach my board again

18. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    This has GOT to be frustrating for you guys. I know how I feel if my board is down for more than five MINUTES.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.