Zetaboards Completely Down?

Jura

Devotee
The only site I know that's Zetaboards is not working for me. You get what you pay for.

Rockatteer

Devotee
The Zetaboards front page gives a not found error.

Thats the very reason I moved to my own site from free hosting. Got sick of unexplained downtimes for weeks on end.

guacamole

Neophyte
the whole network has been down for hours now, both zetaboards and invisionfree.
This never happened before, I hope they can fix it , I'm starting to get worried:(

Baldilocks

Fanatic
HowardForums is halfway down too. Been that way all day.

http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=90185

From Doug Erwin:
This evening at 4:55pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room. Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost.

We have just been allowed into the building to physically inspect the damage. Early indications are that the short was in a high-volume wire conduit. We were not allowed to activate our backup generator plan based on instructions from the fire department.

This is a significant outage, impacting approximately 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers. All members of our support team are in, and all vendors who supply us with data center equipment are on site. Our initial assessment, although early, points to being able to have some service restored by mid-afternoon on Sunday. Rest assured we are working around the clock.

We are in the process of communicating with all affected customers. we are planning to post updates every hour via our forum and in our customer portal. Our interactive voice response system is updating customers as well.

There is no impact in any of our other five data centers.

I am sorry that this accident has occurred and I apologize for the impact.
Apparently they host a lot of clients.... dunno if it's related or not...

guacamole

Neophyte
some people can still access the boards.
A friend of mine was able to access invisionfree.com and this is their message;
an issue at one of the datacenter buildings has knocked the domain system for IF and zetaboards offline. since your ISP remembers domain info for hours, this outage will not affect all users.
If you can't reach your board, no data has been lost and the server is fine.

they are working on it:)

jpneathey

Neophyte
I'm frustrated that my forum is off, but I'm just glad that nobody was hurt.

Majestyc

Aspirant
I have a ZetaBoard and it is also down for me. Hopefully the servers will be back up soon.

Lizanneh

Neophyte
Looks like they're starting to restore things now, which is good! Sites aren't up for me yet, but I've heard other people are able to get on, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

ETA: Maybe I'm not making myself clear, but my forums are most certainly not down. People are posting on them right now. I cannot get to them, however, which I assume is related to the domain memory of my specific ISP.

Last edited:

carsch

Neophyte
Zetaboards and IF are both down. The online community I'm in, Cybernations, has a lot of IF and Zeta based boards, so the outage has pretty much shuttered half of the game. Oh well, guess I'll have to be productive in RL.

Last edited:

kevinp

Aspirant
once in a while my site will appear, then it just refuses to load. Its a pity that this had to happen just after all the conversions were done.

kosstamojan07

Neophyte
This had me real confused for a while -- I could still access the site perfectly while my members were IMing me that they couldn't access anything on the server...I was beginning to wonder if z9 had somehow become my own personal domain.

Where on the Invisionfree site was that message available? I can reach the site but I can't find where that bulletin is...

Also, does anyone know if they had a time by which they anticipated to be back up?

Crazy_Jane

Neophyte
A little more information is available on The Planet site, I believe. Looks like it could be another day before things are restored, though, in spite of their reassurances.

Whenever these things happen, I'm always the last to be able to access a lost site. Or so it seems!

Some of my members, at least, are apparently able to post, judging by some 'Topic Reply Notification' emails I've received today. Which means they must think I'm insane, leaving frantic messages on various other sites about our beloved forum being down.

Oh well. Nothing new there. :banana:

Last edited:

Baldilocks

Fanatic
A little more information is available on The Planet site, I believe. Looks like it could be another day before things are restored, though, in spite of their reassurances.

Whenever these things happen, I'm always the last to be able to access a lost site. Or so it seems!

Some of my members, at least, are apparently able to post, judging by some 'Topic Reply Notification' emails I've received today. Which means they must think I'm insane, leaving frantic messages on various other sites about our beloved forum being down.

Oh well. Nothing new there. :banana:
Well at least the downtime has brought some new Admins to the Zone. :)

Nice to meet you--although I wish, for you, it was under better circumstances.

Crazy_Jane

Neophyte
Thanks, Baldilocks. Great name.

Also just found this on Ebuyer forums, same sort of 'What's going on?' thread.

Last edited:

featherheather

Neophyte
I'm not able to access my forum nor the support forum. I have a few members online in my forum but for the most part no one is able to access it. The timing couldn't have been worse :(

NLMOM

Aspirant
Hi all... was surfing around the web for answers and stumbled on this board. I had my invision board converted earlier this week and was more then a little surprised not to be able to access it today. Nor can I access any of the support forums. Thanks to those have been passing info along. There are some news articles out now too... I read a few via google news.

Baldilocks

Fanatic
Hi all... was surfing around the web for answers and stumbled on this board. I had my invision board converted earlier this week and was more then a little surprised not to be able to access it today. Nor can I access any of the support forums. Thanks to those have been passing info along. There are some news articles out now too... I read a few via google news.
Well now that you are here, welcome!
This is the best resource for Admins on the web.