Zetaboards Completely Down?

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by JadedOne, Jun 1, 2008.

1. JadedOne

JadedOne Neophyte

+2
    Are the Zetaboards completely down for anyone else? :confused:

2. Jura

Jura Devotee

+232
    The only site I know that's Zetaboards is not working for me. You get what you pay for.

3. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    This is true. Although it impacts quite a few people I suppose.

4. Rockatteer

Rockatteer Devotee

+68
    The Zetaboards front page gives a not found error.

Thats the very reason I moved to my own site from free hosting. Got sick of unexplained downtimes for weeks on end.

5. Chaze

Chaze Habitué

+5
    Hopefully it's not another hacking attempt.

6. guacamole

guacamole Neophyte

+0
    the whole network has been down for hours now, both zetaboards and invisionfree.
    This never happened before, I hope they can fix it , I'm starting to get worried:(

7. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    HowardForums is halfway down too. Been that way all day.

http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=90185

Apparently they host a lot of clients.... dunno if it's related or not...

8. guacamole

guacamole Neophyte

+0
    some people can still access the boards.
    A friend of mine was able to access invisionfree.com and this is their message;
    an issue at one of the datacenter buildings has knocked the domain system for IF and zetaboards offline. since your ISP remembers domain info for hours, this outage will not affect all users.
    If you can't reach your board, no data has been lost and the server is fine.

they are working on it:)

9. jpneathey

jpneathey Neophyte

+0
    I'm frustrated that my forum is off, but I'm just glad that nobody was hurt.

10. Majestyc

Majestyc Aspirant

+0
    I have a ZetaBoard and it is also down for me. Hopefully the servers will be back up soon.

11. Lizanneh

Lizanneh Neophyte

+0
    Looks like they're starting to restore things now, which is good! Sites aren't up for me yet, but I've heard other people are able to get on, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

ETA: Maybe I'm not making myself clear, but my forums are most certainly not down. People are posting on them right now. I cannot get to them, however, which I assume is related to the domain memory of my specific ISP.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  12. carsch

carsch Neophyte

+0
    Zetaboards and IF are both down. The online community I'm in, Cybernations, has a lot of IF and Zeta based boards, so the outage has pretty much shuttered half of the game. Oh well, guess I'll have to be productive in RL.

13. kevinp

kevinp Aspirant

+0
    once in a while my site will appear, then it just refuses to load. Its a pity that this had to happen just after all the conversions were done.

14. kosstamojan07

kosstamojan07 Neophyte

+0
    This had me real confused for a while -- I could still access the site perfectly while my members were IMing me that they couldn't access anything on the server...I was beginning to wonder if z9 had somehow become my own personal domain.

Where on the Invisionfree site was that message available? I can reach the site but I can't find where that bulletin is...

Also, does anyone know if they had a time by which they anticipated to be back up?

15. Crazy_Jane

Crazy_Jane Neophyte

+0
    A little more information is available on The Planet site, I believe. Looks like it could be another day before things are restored, though, in spite of their reassurances.

Whenever these things happen, I'm always the last to be able to access a lost site. Or so it seems!

Some of my members, at least, are apparently able to post, judging by some 'Topic Reply Notification' emails I've received today. Which means they must think I'm insane, leaving frantic messages on various other sites about our beloved forum being down.

Oh well. Nothing new there. :banana:

16. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    Well at least the downtime has brought some new Admins to the Zone. :)

Nice to meet you--although I wish, for you, it was under better circumstances.

17. Crazy_Jane

Crazy_Jane Neophyte

+0
    Thanks, Baldilocks. Great name.

Also just found this on Ebuyer forums, same sort of 'What's going on?' thread.

18. featherheather

featherheather Neophyte

+0
    I'm not able to access my forum nor the support forum. I have a few members online in my forum but for the most part no one is able to access it. The timing couldn't have been worse :(

19. NLMOM

NLMOM Aspirant

+0
    Hi all... was surfing around the web for answers and stumbled on this board. I had my invision board converted earlier this week and was more then a little surprised not to be able to access it today. Nor can I access any of the support forums. Thanks to those have been passing info along. There are some news articles out now too... I read a few via google news.

20. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Fanatic

+30
    Well now that you are here, welcome!
    This is the best resource for Admins on the web.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.