Zeta has gone to the nuclear option with recent DDoS attacks.

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by ethan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ethan

ethan im a fireman, i mean EMT

+108
    They've enabled sitewide cloudflare. Spamhaus 2.0 is in the works.

Massive DDoS attack, i want to say all 11-12 of their nodes have been consistently offline for the last week+ or unresponsive.

Anyone got more info?

2. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,947
    Every forum type site that I have seen use cloudflare always seems to have downtime. MyBB in particular, I notice it there the most.

3. euantor

euantor MyBB Lead Developer

+407
    CloudFlare in my experience hasn't made much of a difference in the past. If the attackers know your IP(s), they'll just target them directly. Nothing you can do about that, except put a proper hardware firewall solution in place.

4. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,043
    Noticed same also with sites using Cloudflare, they do seem to suffer more with intermittent downtime. I used it myself once with a forum but ended up stopping because was noticing same thing happening on that.

5. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes GoodForNothing Coder

+74
    I use CloudFlare to manage the DNS of my domains... easier to manage stuff than cPanel or any other free alternative... Never benefited from their CDN service...

6. ethan

ethan im a fireman, i mean EMT

+108
    That was my point, if they have the source IP's anyways if won't help with a DoS attack. It should, however, help with normal traffic load.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.