YouTube sets 'advertiser friendly' requirements for monetisation...

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by cheat_master30, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    Interesting.
    Seems YouTube is getting serious about swearing.

I think King of the Swearing / Stupid **** is being targeted majorly.
    upload_2016-9-1_21-24-3.png

2. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47
    How does he have so many subscribers? His videos are terrible...

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    #1) Good timing when YouTube was young.
    #2) It does seems stupid.
    #3) He is pretty funny - mostly to 10 year old boys, but still pretty funny.

4. pierce

pierce Habitué

+719
    Good smile, energetic, frequent updates, a lot of people associate and watch.

5. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    If you want to see a good sample of how YouTube hasn't really enforced much, just type in the word "F*CK" in their search bar. Obviously spell it all the correct way....you'll see videos racking views in the millions and they're not new, they've been uploaded for quite some time. YT didn't care about those? Even the rap video has exposed breasts and it's not even a good song!

You'll see a few things that are way worse, or equal, than what these gamer guys are being censored for. It's quite ridiculous considering how many ad impressions these guys bring to YT.

A screenshot was posted, but it was too saucy! Check it out on YT and you'll get quite a show! You might throw a dollar at your screen.

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
  7. feldon30

feldon30 Adherent

+433
    This is YouTube's Ministry of Information saying everything's fine and nothing is changed. Meanwhile the demonetization steamroller continues. Protip: Don't announce policies you only intend to enforce sporadically, especially ones that sound like a SJW's wet dream (no sensitive or controversial topics).

THIS is why we need a genuine competitor to YouTube. Vimeo is it but it has choked its own growth by trying to be boutique and edgy.

The revolution will be televised, but clearly not on YouTube.

8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    My son spends hours a day on YouTube and watches 30 min of TV once a week when he's told to get off the computer. I'll bet he can't name a YouTube competitor.

Vimeo is great for one thing slow mo golf swings. I can use the slider bar to go back and forth and see what is going on really well. Sadly now my friends expect me to "tell them what to do" 24/7 wherever I am. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.