Your Web Browser

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Scrubs, Jan 31, 2012.

1. taipress

taipress Aspirant

+0
    Latest version of Firefox looks like chrome...first they copy the rapid release, now this.They lost their originality and it's really sad. I use older FF, and chrome for video.

2. Leaf_Green

Leaf_Green Participant

+4
    I think Firefox has had its days of glory, but it's time to step aside. I used to use Firefox as my default browser for years. This wasn't because of the hype or the cult following. I actually used the Mozilla browser that came before Firefox, which I loved. (It even had built-in IRC.) For a couple of years I ignored Chrome. It just didn't really appeal to me. However, I was sometimes choosing Opera over Firefox which is a great browser.

My biggest problem with Firefox has often been memory leaks, resulting in crashes. A few years ago I decided to use Chrome, and I haven't looked back since. Faster page rendering, and after my years of ignorance, a good assortment of extensions. Also, Chrome uses multiple processes. I'm not sure if Firefox has changed to match that, but multiple processes often means a crash will just result in a few tabs "crashing", instead of the whole browser. What does Firefox still have going for it? Probably more extensions, or add-ons, as they call them. I honestly can't think of anything else.

On my Android phone (Galaxy S2) I use Dolphin Browser HD.

3. CiullaWins

CiullaWins Enthusiast

+18
    I prefer Mozilla in most cases, but I am using Chrome right now.

4. pinkiepie

pinkiepie Enthusiast

+6
    Google Chrome 17.0.963.56 m here. I like it.

5. indusharma

indusharma Aspirant

+1
  6. acer08

acer08 Aspirant

+0
    I use mostly Mozilla Firefox, after that i use Google chrome.

7. mathan134

mathan134 Aspirant

+0
    I was fed up with Chrome:rant2: and Opera:banghead: they often gets crashed :hopeless:
    But Mozilla is good :banana:

8. blox

blox Neophyte

+0
    Firefox, always the latest beta.

9. forumhookers

forumhookers Enthusiast

+1
    My chrome crashing often. So i am now with FF.

10. developers

developers Aspirant

+0
    I am using Chrome.

11. Azuzazuza

Azuzazuza Neophyte

+0
  12. NovusAnima

NovusAnima Aspirant

+1
    My preference is Google Chrome, but my backup for when Chrome decides to pull a fast one on me is Firefox.

13. MarkR

MarkR Coder/Designer

+30
    Switched to Chrome about a year ago and I'm never looking back. Firefox has gone down hill.

14. GalPal

GalPal Participant

+10
    I use Firefox most of the time. I love the red underline on words that might be spelled wrong.

I use IE to test view anything I've changed on my website. IE doesn't do well with the graphics on my website. After reading about the pluses of Chrome, I'll give Chrome a try again.

15. Tamannah

Tamannah Neophyte

+0
    My favorite browser is Mozilla Firefox . .

16. James159

James159 Aspirant

+1
    Personally I really like to browse via Chrome because it is fast and very light as compared with others. Furthermore, I also love its extensions which should be useful for me while developing.

17. Anathema_Sit

Anathema_Sit Enthusiast

+8
    I use Firefox. I like Firefox.

18. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+151
    I've been with Google Chrome for a while and I don't see myself moving back to Firefox.

19. AFMichael

AFMichael Coder/Designer

+3
    I use Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer when designing sites to ensure cross-browser compatibility. For personal browsing, I use Firefox exclusively.

20. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,735
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted