Your favourite wrestler?

Akela

viam aut inveniam...
In an attempt to not derail Azhria's style feedback thread anymore, I am bringing this question where it belongs. Here :)

Who is your favourite wrestler, and well, why?

My answer is:
1. The Undertaker
The combination of charisma and ability. And looks. Plus, he is a dark character, which does not take points away from him.

2. The Rock
He has initially gotten me to pay attention to wrestling and if it wasn't for his feud with Cena - I wouldn't have gotten into it.

3. Kane.
Looks and being a dark character. We are down to #3 now, so my reasons are becoming more vague :p

Those who do not watch wrestling, please stay out of this thread, lest you get hurt. :shell:

NBKTwitch

Aspirant
I am pretty sure if all you watch is WWE you won't know these wrestlers,but.... oh well lol..

1. The Briscoe Brothers... These two are one of the best tag teams of current times. and in the top 10 of all time. They know hot to put on an exciting match.

2. Austin Aeries his match work is awesome. His gimmicks are perfect, and he is a perfect heel. There have only been a few others wrestlers that are as good a heel. (Triple H is one that comes to mind)

3. Amazing Red this guy is one of the most underrated but most talented. He has amazing talent and some "shamwow" specials. It really bums me out he hasn't been given his chance to show his full potential.

Last edited:

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Mmmmm...

Undertaker will always be No.1 for me. I'm rather partial to Triple H and Chris Jericho too. And Edge's legs.. OMG the things I could do with them! ;)

ahem

Current guys.... I'd give CM Punk, John Cena and Randy Orton a bounce in the ring. Never used to like Randy but he's grown over the years heh heh heh

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
I'll have to go with Steve Cold Steve Austin. Even though he's kind of retired, he's still my favorite. Same with The rock.

amimg.ugo.com_201008_54138_cuts_mickfoley_288x288.jpg

Mick Foley, the man that made most of the Jabronis y'all mentioned look half decent in the ring. :D

For as long as I live I'll never forget his stint in the WWF, I thought he was dead when I saw this live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwZBINfWNE

If you wanna see some real hardcore stuff go check out the matches him and Terry Funk had over in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iconic

Tazralian
1. The Undertaker
2. Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin (in tag team action)
3. Angelina Love.

I don't watch much these days, when I was a kid I was addicted to it. I watch impact every week though. :D

Akela

viam aut inveniam...
Having watched the latest pay per view - Sin Cara. Because compared to him other wrestlers look like stationary columns.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
He just reminds me of Rey Mysterio - now he's one athletic SOB :D But "back in the day", I was a huge fan of the Hardy Boys - they used to do some insane stuff.

The Hardys are from North Carolina, I've been a fan of those guys for a loooooooooooong time.

Rey was a great wrestler too, I liked him better before they unmasked him but he was always fun on watch in the ring for sure.

Someone I couldn't ever stand was Bill Goldberg, his matches were boring and once he got the title he just fought a bunch of nobodies for the most part. This dragged on for like a year too...every Monday night main event was Goldberg taking 10 minutes to walk to the ring where he'd have a 10 second match. Spear -> Finisher -> 1,2,3 done. :rant2:

Don't get me wrong, the whole NWO bit got pretty old too after awhile. WCW had a real shot at winning those Monday night wars but they threw it all away. I do miss the competition, even since Vince won the WWF (excuse me, WWE) has just gotten worse and worse. TNA is no better... Its just not interesting anymore, even the kids hate it. :biglaugh:

PWO

Enthusiast
Brett Hart. The best there is. The best there was and the best there'll ever will be.

Besides Brett I was a huge NWO fan.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
from the ol' skool ==> Dusty Rhodes! lol

The7thSage

Adherent
I like Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio. Liked the Undertaker until 2005 now he just seems old, thin and weak, for which I do not blame him he has had an amazing career.

whocky

Adherent
The Rock has always been my favourite then stone cold steve austin, but the saying of all time: Can you smell what the rock is... cooking

:D

TKPRooFan

Aspirant
Kane is my favourite wrestler of all time. Ever since he debuted by ripping of the door off Hell in a Cell to get to Undertaker I have been hooked. The whole look of his character is great, plus I like the backstory that they have with his gimmick and he can actually move for a big man as well which is rare in wrestling. He is nearing the end but is still putting on quality performances like he did on RAW this week.

Some good names mentioned here. I like the Austin Aries selection, he has been fantastic ever since returning to TNA and I like that he has gone all the way from X Division champion to World champion. He is one of the best wrestlers in wrestling today.

By the way, cheap plug time, if anyone wants to talk wrestling then feel free to check out my forum. Link is in my sig.