You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
From DarkMatters

We just saw Thor last night,

JUST AWESOME.

We were bubbling with childish, glee-filled enthusiasm after the movie finished playing, jabbering away, saying over and over, just how sheer epic this movie was, with people clapping in the theater. I just wanted to go buy another ticket to see my favorite scenes all over again. This is the movie that has finally gotten flying down decent. Super man, Matrix...meh. Thor's got it right, and the Bifrost bridge scenes that span the universe from world to world must be seen. Roaring and fast, when our heroes are flung along through that vortex, the distortion and impression of power has just got to be seen to be believed.

Course, we saw it in 3d, and I was surprised when I noticed that the effect I liked the most was simply when The Destroyer, sent to Earth to punish Thor and who has a furnace inside his head, fires white hot panels of light that can explode cars and blow apart strip malls (not such a bad idea) while making the loudest noise that just seems right I"ve heard in long time within a Cinema.

I was actually prepared to dislike Chris Hemsworth who plays our Asgardian hero, but he has found a good, fair place to act from, and all three of us found his humorous quips throughout the film refreshing rather than annoying.

The battle scenes, all of them, are pretty much epic.

Top notch effects, huge ThooOOming noises as the hammer hits. This is the hammer we've all wanted to see as kids, and with the unprecedented level of detail given to the creation of the Jotunheim ice giants with blue skins, menacing features and red, glowing eyes, they have created the perfect enemy target for this weapon's justice.

Yes Thor delivers

:)

gogo

Last edited:

Namorat

Duder
Ah, not directed at me as the thread title suggested....

I haven't seen the movie yet, but my favourite author says it is great and Kenneth Branagh has made it, who I love since I have seen Henry V...
I will probably see it :)

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I thought the thread title was directed at me - then I realized that I'm not much of a boy ha ==> I LOVED THOR!!!! Awesome movie yup.

MarkR

Fan
I was wondering about this movie, maybe I'll have to check it out now, thanks for the heads up :)

Iconic

Tazralian
I was thinking who would be this thread about?!

I really want to see Thor, it looks like a great movie, now I just want to go more. :p

Mew

YUM YUM!
squee! Really want to see this now, was trying to hold off until the dvd release but I don't think that will happen now :p