Yes another wordpress "Comments / Forum Integration" question?

Discussion in 'Blogs, Wikis, and other CMP's' started by cornnfedd, Jul 20, 2017.

1. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+92
    So I want to do a wordpress blog, and I want to have comments for the articles that I post.

But I want the comments to be part of the forum.

So I post an article and at the same time the post is created in the forum. Then when someone goes to comment on the article they need to log in, (effectively logging into the forum) and a reply is created in the forum post and also in the comments section of the article.

I think that makes sense?

2. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+328
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,826
    Wordpress + Xenforo + XenWord is perfect
    All best of breed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. cornnfedd

+92
    thanks, dunno how I never stumbled across this before..

5. nordwulf

nordwulf Aspirant

+7
    That's exactly how vBulletin 4 with the CMS works. Not sure if it still works the same in vB 5.

6. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+435
    I will always vouch for XenWord. LPHLPH has done an amazing job with it. Honestly, I keep looking for an excuse to buy another license for a new project because I really like WordPress (and of course XenForo).

7. cornnfedd

+92
    yup xenword looks the goods, however I am going to run my site without xenforo for the first 6-12 months to get the other stuff sorted, then when x2 comes out will get it then! happy days - thats exactly what I wanted pretty much.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.