XF 2.0.11 Issue with release ZIP (to be addressed in 2.0.12)

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by MarkFL, Nov 27, 2018.

1. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,710
    Hello all!

I help admin a site running XF 2.0.11, and I run a copy of the owner's software on my local drive. I recently created my first XF addon using this local copy. Running the site in development mode, I found an impressive array of develop's tools. As a vB coder I found many things to be much easier and more straightforward in the development process...I'm extremely impressed :cool:

As my final step, I ran the cmd.php script from a Windows 10 command terminal, and all looked good:

taz_xf2dev_cmd_0001.png
    However, when I visited the _releases folder, I am unable to extract the generated ZIP file using Windows 10's native extraction utility. I sent the file to a friend of mine, and he confirmed that on his end, Windows 7 was also unable to extract the file, however he had no issue using Linux.

I did some digging and found that Chris DChris D has posted at the XF support site that this is a known issue, and is scheduled to be addressed in XF 2.0.12, which is good news.

I also wanted to report that when running the build script, the file "hashes.json" was not generated, and casued a warning to be given when installing my addon to the live math help site. I ignored the warning, and proceeded anyway, and the install was a success. I just wanted to mention it in case I have neglected some step which prevented it from being generated.

Thanks to all for reading! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  2. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+83
    This issue is also plaguing the beta releases, also F.Y.I.

Also to be fixed.

• Informative! Informative! x 2
    • List
  3. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,710
    I saw today that XF 2.0.12 was available for download, and I am happy to report that the issues I cited have been resolved. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.