Feedback XenForo License Validation (Split)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Sheldon, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Azareal

Azareal The AtomBB Overlord

+471
    I don't know why but, I'm having a very strong deja vu moment here with this.. Badge situation..
    Did this happen before?

2. tomk

tomk Adherent

+180
    Why not just tell em to STFU and deal with it?

awww.benzinga.com_files_crybaby.jpg

3. Azareal

+471
    There's already a strong stereotype that TAZ bends over backwards for XenForo.
    I don't think that this would help.

4. tomk

tomk Adherent

+180
    And not having the badge is going to change that perception?

5. Azareal

+471
    Probably not, as people will always find other fuel.
    At the end of the day though, it's a badge. It's not a massive loss and it saves everyone wanting badges for x software.

6. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    I want a badge for getting a platinum trophy when I beat Britney's Dance Beat on the PS3.

7. tomk

tomk Adherent

+180
    Sorry Sheldon no can do, if they give you a badge for Britney's Dance Beat game, the ShapeUp Xbox cry-babies will come out of the closet whining why they didn't get their own badge.

8. Hangman

Hangman Tazmanian

+269
    Perhaps people forget that this ability already exists - it's in the forum signature :p Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but for those who feel strongly about displaying their licence, it's certainly an option. I know it's isn't as pretty, though.

P.s. Apologies about this not being a new topic, I wasn't sure my jokey tone would have the same context/light hearted effect.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,594
    Well, my sig gives you an idea where I stand on it.

10. Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix Coffee Ninja

+1,285
    It does indeed. That's quite a collection

11. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,192
    TPerry you're a great help no matter the issue, don't be shy about asking for a token privately. ;)

12. JordanH

JordanH Imperial Majesty

+236
    THats a bad ass idea.

There already is an option.
    People just got to go edit their profile. In fact theres two places for some odd reason xD (bug??)
    ai.imgur.com_eskhMdA.png

13. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    You are absolutely correct your majesty :p

Those options were left over from the vB to XF conversion. Profile options I believe. And configurable options actually .
    I'm not sure what sort of point you're making - but if we can do away with the bitter -40 outside COLD that we see in your screencap and welcome back Spring! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tis a little insane asylum being compelled to wear gloves inside LOL :eek:

J.

14. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    The banners here are still a bit broke... the weight they each hold makes ZERO sense.

Big Board below a Developer, but above a Coder/Designer? Staff above an Admin? Charter Member below both Premium and Active?

5 min in ACP and that could be sorted.

15. Justin

Justin *Insert witty title here*

+780
    There's no need to sort them when a new design is being worked on. It'll look better soon. :russ:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  16. Azareal

+471
    It seems fairly logical. The one at the top usually reflects the username markup colour.
    As far as admin is concerned, the banner for that has the same colour as Coder / Designer.

17. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    The order of the banners do not.

18. Azareal

+471
    As far as charter member is concerned, if it's someone who was last on seven years ago and has ten posts then, would you consider that more of a contributor than someone with a thousand posts who is on everyday.. who isn't a charter member..?

19. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    I've explained in previous posts my opinion.

It makes no sense to me.

And why does it have to be anything with "contribution". If its a "special" group, why isn't it located with other "special" groups?

20. Azareal

+471
    Active Member requires 20/posts per month/week. Premium requires you to pay once every month / year / five years.
    These are both things which require an ongoing contribution.

So, the ordering logic makes sense to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.