Xenforo is offering discount

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Threadloom, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,663
    No, there is no need to renew xenforo unless you want new releases. If you do not need new releases then you can save money by letting the license expire. Just like with IPS.

2. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,031
    You can use it with an expired licence but can't get ticket support.

3. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+991
    I bit. Got mine.

4. Ingenious

Ingenious Fan

+221
    This is what I did. Once everything was stable and working I didn't renew because I didn't have to. When I wanted to update some years later I then renewed to download the latest version.

5. Mouth

Mouth Enthusiast

+108
    It's about perception and timeline. When they occur at the exact time, then they are mutually exclusive. When they occur at different times, they are not.
    The simple point is I would consume a service in 2019 that I can either buy now for a considerable discount over what I will otherwise need to buy it for in a few weeks/months.

6. Matthew S

Matthew S Adherent

+188
    Ditto. Upped my license, plus grabbed a new license + RM for a project I've been wanting to do for a while. Now 2.1 is known and pending, Bob has XF2 RCs of his add-ons, and PixelExit's XF2 styles have matured, the time is right to kick things off. It feels like the waiting in the "wait and see" of XF2 is pretty much over and I can start to move forward. My only main grumble is I still feel ES should be a free add-on to the core license.

I hear what people are saying about XF vs IPS at the moment regarding features/price. For me, I'm comfortable with the XF ecosystem at this time, and don't need or want clubs or blogs. It's not a case of which is better overall, it's a case of which is better for you.

7. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+991
    I went ahead and got the beta version of 2.1

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,663
    Could you please inform my tax inspector and accountants about that? :D

9. sanction9

sanction9 Enthusiast

+123
    That can work well enough sometimes, but then you have to also consider addon's & styles, especially if you use a lot of them. Getting important updates for them, including cool new features, sometimes also requires updating the core. I wish I were one of those people who could be content with leaving eveything as is for years at a time, but the truth is I get bored and just need some change once in a while. :)

10. maksim

maksim Serial Entrepreneur

+149
    What about security holes? Do you need an active license to get the patches/updates?

11. sanction9

sanction9 Enthusiast

+123
    Those are free and also, fortunately, not common.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.