Featured Xenforo is offering discount

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Threadloom, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+73
    Xenforo is having a sale right now, instead of $140, the licenses are $125.
    Renewals are $35 instead of $40.
    Most of the official addons are also $5 off.

If you need to renew your license, now would be great time.

For those looking to convert in 2019, might be a good time to pick up a few licenses. Particularly as Xenforo 2.1.x requires the license to be up to date to update automatically etc.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative! Informative! x 4
    • List
  2. Jake

Jake Developer

+1,118
    They're also raising their prices after the sale

• Informative! Informative! x 2
    • List
  3. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+80
    Makes me wish I'd waited before renewing.
    That's not because of the team. It's Europe. Taxes up there is crazy for new or up and coming startups like xenForo.

Have a listen...

4. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    Not the biggest saving and you only get 5 dollar discount for XF not for the other add-ons.

5. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+100
    It might not be a huge savings but even $5 helps. Mine was due to expire in Feb so I went ahead and got mine extended. Thanks ThreadloomThreadloom for the heads up.

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    Screenshot_2018-12-05 Buy License Extras XenForo.png
    Its a 6% discount in this case. 'Big December Blow out' is a bit of an overstatement here.

But its good that XF is raising its prices in 2019. Hopefully that can translate into more developers.

7. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,896
    It is, however, a substantial discount over the increased prices beginning January 2019.

8. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    Yes but those prices are not yet there so its a discount on the current prices and that is not a real blow out.

9. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    Don’t think more developers but rather consumer indexing living becomes more expensive so you’ll need to earn more to buy the same.

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    Quality costs money. Prices have remained the same for many years. IPS is far more expensive than XF.

11. Jake

Jake Developer

+1,118
    It's a $20 discount from the prices they'll be immediately after the sale ends. Not sure why people complain about discounts not being big enough considering they could've just left it at current prices until they raise them in January.

12. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    ISP is only a bit more expensive look at what you’ll get granted first buy of IPS is really expensive but renewal is not.

IP.Pages
    IP.Blogs
    IP.Forums
    IP.Gallery
    IP.Downloads

140 dollars renewal a year or 70 dollars per 6 months.

XF
    XFRM
    XFMG

Is 70 dollars exluding tax for EU people.

But you’ll need blogs and a pages equivalent and that’s another 60 dollars or 100 dollrs a year if you want the best there is. Then you do not yet have Groups/Clubs so that more renewal so with XF i am at 130 dollars if i want the same functions. So pricing at the moment is almost the same only difference is that with XF you’ll need external developers to get the same. If you go with the 100 dollar option and we both know that is cheap for what you get you are at 170 dollars a year to fully renew XF and the addons.

13. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    You’ll need to look at the prices now at this moment not what there going to be.

I wonder if you can renewal for longer time so buy it a few times and the date goes up.

14. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,911
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  15. Mouth

Mouth Enthusiast

+108
    That's totally illogical, and very near sighted. My renewal is Feb. Buy now and I'll save $20 (36% discount) instead of waiting until Feb.
    They could have just put the price up on Jan 1, and I'd be paying $55 instead of $40.

16. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    Saving on a price hike / increase is not equivalent to a discount. That's not a logical statement either.

Yes, you can.

17. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    If they announced the pricing going up in 3 weeks from now but did the discount now it would only be 5 dollars and you will see it like that. They did a smart thing by saying price increase now and discount now people see it as higher discount but it isn’t its still the same when the would have said nothing at all.

18. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,896
    It is logical when a) you know the price hike is coming and b) its something you're going to have to pay for either way (now or later). If the discount outweighs currency inflation between now and the renewal date, then its a win. All my licenses were up for renewal in March or May of 2019, and I saved a significant amount of money by renewing them now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    A price increase can by definition never be a price discount. The two are mutually exclusive. Yes, you can save a significant amount by buying before the price increase initiates and that is indeed wise. But a price increase is still not a discount.

Buying for a current price is simply using an opportunity that you already have.
    The true discount is the current reduction, which is a 6% reduction for a renewal of a license with all addons.

20. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    I do think they are playing a very clever marketing ploy here - but the 'blowout' isn't that spectacular. If I renew now I'll save $5 (wow) if I renew before the end of January I'll still save $5, if I don't renew until after my renewal period runs out (Feb) I will have to pay an additional $10 - not exactly enticing sums to bandy about. I doubt I will be renewing anyways, 2.1 has turned out to be less than spectacular and isn't going to light any fires.

I was amused at the title though:

Big December Summer Blowout!

Ermm, isn't December usually considered to be wintertime?

;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.