Xenforo.com using 3rd party add-ons?

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by BirdOPrey5, Jan 6, 2019.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,718
    I noticed on XenForo.com that their "like" button had several reaction options, Like, Happy, Angry, etc... and I, perhaps naively, thought this was built into the software. However now that the forum is setup it appears to only be a regular like button... That seems to be a $30 add-on. So I'm a bit confused... Is XenForo using 3rd party add-ons on it's official forum or am I missing something?

[​IMG]

2. woody

woody eternal noobie

+72
    XenForo.com is on version 2.1 You may wish to read their "Have you seen" section.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  3. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,020
    • List
  4. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,718
    Thanks! I was trying to figure out what version they were running but I didn't see it in the footer and frankly forgot to keep looking. That makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  5. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,063
    I believe the developers decided there was no need to include version numbers other than in the acp.

6. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,718
    I understand why some people are against it but I think it would be useful at times. I'd make it an AdminCP option personally and have it enabled on the official forum but that's just me.

7. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,063
    I think that's a reasonable option that should suit both camps.

8. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+80
    For Xenforo installs, always add the /install/ to the forum root, and it will tell you what the site is running.

I find it useful, when running diags on a site sometimes.

• List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.