Xen vs mybb

adbrad

Habitué
So i run my board on mybb, and i was a member of another mybb board and they have just converted to xen, and it seem to be gaining popularity allready even older members are coming back and starting to post again, i can't place what it is, but it seems to be doing better on xen than it did on mybb, i know its early days yet, but it's got me thinking and i'm seriously considering the change.

Panupat

Habitué
I know how you feel :) I'm waiting to convert my IPB forum over as well. There is no reason to convert other than I want to. lol. It's something that you, as the owner, will have to decide :)

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Alerts can bring people back, when they're set to send mail notifications for things like getting one of their post 'liked' (it wouldnt matter much that theyve been away, since few would resist what essentially amounts to a 'we love and miss you email' that does not constittue spam).

Similar results could be replicated on other forum systems, though the xf implementation has the merit of being more straightforward, easier to set and comes with the usual other advantages of the software (more events can be notified about too).

adbrad

Habitué
I'm really liking using it as a user so i'm hoping my users would also like it.