x10hosting - Best Free Hosting

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by Hubok, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hubok

Hubok Coder/Designer

+1
    I personally use x10hosting.com for my websites.

Pros:
    • Free
    • Access to cPanel
    • Unlimited Bandwidth
    • Unlimited Storage Space
    • 3 E-Mail accounts
    • FTP
    • 2 Subdomains
    • Script Installer
    Cons:
    • Limited to 2 MySQL databases (unlimited storage)
    • Limited to using their domains

Have you used x10hosting before? What was it like for you?

2. HIM

HIM Fan

+35
    Are you sure about some of these stats?

This is a true comparison of there hosting plans.

I know that you are not limited to one of there domains. You can use your own :)

Also limiting to 2 MySQL Databases is not as bad as it may seem. By Databases they do not mean tables. So if you used some good table suffixes, you could in theory only ever need 1 database.

:)

3. Hubok

Hubok Coder/Designer

+1
    I haven't got any other domains working. Do you need to get the domain then buy it first, or do they give you free domains?

4. Lochie

Lochie TAZ Enthusiast

+41
    You register a domain through an ICANN accredited registrar such as eNom, Namecheap or Godaddy. You then point the domain to the x10 servers using nameservers and other DNS settings.

In your cPanel you add the domain in by going to the section called addon domains. This is assuming they allow addon domains, which I am fairly sure they do.

5. HIM

HIM Fan

+35
    I'm sure if you contact there support team then it would help.

Create a support request here.

6. Parlock

Parlock Enthusiast

+3
    x10 is horrible for hosting forums in my experience. I was repeatedly getting suspended, and then instead of letting you just click an unsuspend button, they changed it so that your site is automatically redirected to an ad page for the hour.

Hate them, stay well clear of them. I'm on a paid Byethost package now and they seem to be so much better.

7. Hubok

Hubok Coder/Designer

+1
    Hmm, I haven't had that yet. I did have one occasion however, when a mod I installed locked me out for an hour from them because I used so much CPU power. But that's understandable.

Maybe you didn't sign into the forums like you had to? Every month, you need to sign in to the forums or they suspend you. Annoying, but it makes sense.

8. Parlock

Parlock Enthusiast

+3
    Nope, I signed in. I only used them for a month and got suspended 5 times. Didn't use any plugins at the time either, just vanilla MyBB.

9. Hubok

Hubok Coder/Designer

+1
    Interesting. I don't know why this happened, but there's probably a logical reason for it. Somewhere.

10. sambling

sambling Aspirant

+0
    Well, I may be a little biased, but I think my site r8host.com is the best free host. It offers 10 mysql databases instead of 2. Nah x10hosting is actually quite a good free host but I have never used it to host a forum so I don't know about suspensions.

11. WebInk

WebInk Enthusiast

+0
  12. Liam

Liam Developer

+107
    They're horrid. My account was created, yes, but I can't login to their client area. Something always goes wrong. Then once it "works" again (0.1% of the time), I wanted to change my domain and it took the system 6 hours, plus the systems are very sluggish.

Stay clear out of those guys. x10Premium = Great, x10Hosting (Free) = A big NO.

13. Roddy15

Roddy15 Aspirant

+2
    Yeah I wanted to make a forum with them, all was going well until 1 month in, days of downtime. We had to move back to forumotion, killing the forum. I then wanted to make a small wordpress site to update people about a game I'm making, they never activated my account at all, sent a report ticket, no answer. Very poor free hosting.

14. echo_off

echo_off Life is an illusion...

+96
    When I was first starting out, I tried x10hosting, but I cannot remember whether it was actually good or not, however I do seem to remember that there was always problems signing in, and with sluggishness.

Anyhow, from the comments I see above, and the amount of them, I recommend that you do not use it.

15. GasaiYuno

GasaiYuno Adherent

+12
    I use them, and they aren't that bad.

16. luuk2305

luuk2305 Neophyte

+0
    Really? I made one of my sites there. Offline. Why? Because they don't allow Dutch accounts anymore.

17. GasaiYuno

GasaiYuno Adherent

+12
    x10hosting - number one worst hosting

18. Wasp

Wasp Recruit

+21
    Weird.. Use tails to create a account

19. thatsright1234

thatsright1234 Aspirant

+0
    I use x10, I have had a few sites with them over the past few months, haven't had a single problem with them, just wish I had more SQL databases and premium is expensive too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.