Wrong domain name showing in Google

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by AccyMik, Jul 11, 2005.

1. AccyMik

AccyMik Aspirant

+0
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the right board to post on...

Basically I've got a problem where a search on Google for my domain name, is resulting in my hosting companies domain name showing:

[ame=http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=www.themunkybutler.com&meta=]www.themunkybutler.com search result on Google [/ame]

I've read about a 302 bug in Google, but I'm not sure that its the case in this instance, as I cant see a problem with my headers that get returned.

Am I missing something obvious?

My hosting company is also baffled - there was a server crash a couple of months ago, and its since then the problem has occured. Could it be possible that Google tried crawling my site when it was down, and picked up the hosting company holding page instead?

Help?!!

Cheers,
    AccyMik.

2. webrover

webrover Adherent

+0
    Yeah i just recently saw a thread on another forum with the same issue.

I'll see if i can find it again.

3. AccyMik

AccyMik Aspirant

+0
    Thanks - must admit, it has me completely stumped.

4. webrover

webrover Adherent

+0
    sorry i can't find where that thread was.

not even sure which forum i saw it on lol

5. AccyMik

AccyMik Aspirant

+0

Well, just for information, it seems the problem has cleared itself up :yippee: - I assume after the last Google update.

For information, and if others experience these problems it may be worth noting that our site was offline for a couple of weeks due to server problems before the problem came apparent - it may be that Google picked up the hosting companies site during this time instead of our site.

Cheers,
    AccyMik