Seeking $$ Writers and Picture/Video Curators for Pay

Discussion in 'Community Cooperative' started by Drastic, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+604
    Genre: Mostly American news and right wing politics, entertainment (celebs,media), and opinions.

Forum Software: Custom system.

Paid Position (yes/no): Yes

If Paid, How Much: $5 per approved article and $2 per approved picture gallery or video.

How do you wish to be contacted: Inbox here.

Descriptions...

Writers:
    Your job is to write a few paragraphs that summarize a story in your own words. Just login, pick a story, read it, then write it real quick and that's it.

The stories have the title, picture, and quote already inserted for you. Our stories are 500-700 words, but that includes the quote which is usually 100-200. This is something most people can do in 15 minutes since you don't create any pictures or find stories on your own. There's no research or anything else involved. There's directions in each story to give you a quick guideline to makes things go faster. It's literally the easiest writing job you can do.

Content curators:
    We accept video and picture gallery uploads. Approved content pays $2 per approved item. Galleries are 15+ pictures. Videos are whatever is hot/trending at the moment.

If you know how to download videos from FB, Twitter, or YouTube, then this will be super easy for you.

Minimum payout is $25 and paid via PayPal.

If interested in writing, then send a writing sample to my inbox here. It can be a link to something you've written on a website.

If interested in content curating, then sign up and upload content. If it's approved, then you'll see earnings in your stats.

If you're not earning much on your own website, then write a few articles for us and invest that money into your own site.

If you made it this far, then the site you'll work on is https://TrendingViews.com

Here's a screenshot of what we've paid out so far.
    screenshot of payouts to members.png

2. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+84
    curious, what software are you using for your site?

3. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+604
    https://www.mechbunny.com/tube-script out of the box, then had a ton of custom mods added that don't usually come with the standard product. It's $499 to start, but I paid about $1500 years ago when it came out and was one of the first scripts like this. It powers some sites that do over a million users per day. It's a pretty good script. It probably cost us about $6-10k to get this built the way we want from designs to coding etc... I could've just used WordPress with some premium plugins, but this was so much easier to scale and was built exactly to our needs. No bloat whatsoever.

We ditched an XF site with thousands of posts to use this instead. Made more sense for our type of site/content. We still have the forum live and plan to import the old content, but not in the form of a forum. Maybe as articles with comments or something else....not sure yet. It may not even be worth it.

4. cornnfedd

+84
    thanks for the reply.. i havent heard of that script before, interesting.

5. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+604
    It's been out for maybe 15 years. If you only run forums, then there's not really any reason you would've heard about it. They don't advertise or anything, but they're well known in the niches that mostly use them. Kinda like how XF is popular among forum builders. These guys are popular among people who run picture/video sites.

6. cornnfedd

+84
    Once upon a time I ran a video site... a long long time ago..even made some money off it but closed it eventually..

Using a script called phpmotion back in 2012..

7. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+604
    Current rates: $6 per article or $3 per thousand views. Go with the pay per article plan now, switch to per views later when we're bigger.

Work required: short 400 word articles. Writers can pitch their own stories or be assigned stories that I hand pick for our audience.

Very easy work. Looking for team of people to stick around as we grow. Growth = increased rates for writers.

Hit me up if you're familiar with American news/politics, entertainment, tech/sci, inspiring viral stories, or would like to do some opinions pieces.

8. VICE

VICE tool

+681
    Damn, those are some awesome offers but unfortunately I'm far left. :(