Featured Question Would you blog on TAZ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by The Sandman, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Yes, definitely

2. Might do

3. No, not a chance

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+4,653
    There's a sophisticated blogging system for XenForo in the works and I'm considering it for TAZ.

Blogs and forums often don't mix well, but I'm wondering if it could be something beneficial to our community. TAZ is content driven, with lots of posts and a fair number of articles and interviews as well. What I'm envisioning for blogs is something in between a post and an article - think of it as either an expanded post or an informal article from a personal point of view. Of course, I'm talking about blogs relating to admin topics specifically, not blogs about other things.

I can see blogs on TAZ as having benefits for both the bloggers and for the community.

So, if TAZ had a really good blogging system with all the amenities in place, might you blog on TAZ?

2. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

+1,257
    I voted no.

To be clear, thats nothing to do with TAZ, I would not "blog" anywhere.

3. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,420
    I think it would give my ideas something to go for...like blogging and also posting within the blog or on the forums...it will give me something to do within TAZ. I'm willing to see where it will go from this.

4. insaneadmin

insaneadmin Enthusiast

+102
    I not write good so no.

5. The Sandman

+4,653
    I expect a lot of people will vote no. It's the number of maybe and yes votes I'm tallying. But the no votes are useful as well!

6. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,854
    I've gone with a might do. I don't want to say outright yes or outright no, simply because if the mood takes me and I have something I feel I want to write about that isn't long enough for an article, I might use the blogging system over a thread but only if I couldn't chose a specific forum to post it in - I'm more likely to post a thread, than I am to blog.

7. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+3,636
    I voted yes but (there's always a but...:rolleyes:) I'm far more likely to blog on music, stringed instruments or human behaviour rather than anything forum related.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,854
    There's a certain human's behaviour I'd love to see you blog about :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. The Sandman

+4,653
    Human behavior isn't forum related? :eek:

10. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,053
    I might do, but only if its free what you blog about. The only thing i would not like to see is spam, warez or adult content, so basic rules we have now.

11. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+3,636
    Not on my planet! :D

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated ass-hat

+2,833
    I voted no as this niche isn't really conducive to blogs. Articles are more appropriate.

13. The Sandman

+4,653
    TAZ members don't seem to enjoy writing articles the way they once did.

14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated ass-hat

+2,833
    Blogs will be even less successful then. I know personally if I'm going to "blog" about something, it would be on a site that I owned and not an admin site. I really can only see one or two cases where a blog would supersede an article in this niche and even then I'm not really sure that an article would not be better.

The biggest issue is today there are fewer content generators and WAY more content takers/users. You can see the evidence in the fact that forum activity for many different niches are generally down.

15. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,575
    "No, not a chance"
    Spend your money wisely.;)

16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,755
    Yes.
    Only if the Blog was Good. And I would be mostly be making Article-like Blog entries.

The only Blog I like is Wordpress.

17. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Senior Citizen

+416
    Maybe an equally important question is, would you read a blog about forum admining on TAZ. I'd prob'ly say no to that too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+364
    I know you're talking about me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,854
    No, I'm really not. I'm still disturbed from your moment of oversharing a year or so ago :p

20. Jake

Jake Developer

+1,067
    Did you ever find your mind bleach?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted