WoltLab Suite 3.0 Released

Gus

Enthusiast
WBB is the only forum software I've never used from an admin's perspective. It looks nice though.

dtdesign

WoltLab Developer
I'm sorry, but as much as I can understand your issue, I'm unable to offer you a solution.

But then again, the same argument is valid for the license cost, what if somebody buys a license today and wants to use an earlier version only? What if they want to use a version 2 or 3 major releases back? Wouldn't it be better if they only pay a tiny fraction, because they're only using ancient versions? Even if we make exceptions here and then, there is always a case that is not covered and so on.

PS: The ACP embeds our official twitter feed that includes all announcements regarding updates, upcoming products and EOL (Burning Board 3.x used a RSS feed instead).

GTB

Tazmanian
Depends on the calculation. Yes, 22.5% discount appears to be a good deal to buy something new. In this case is $20. But what if you already spent $750+ for something that you never used. Haven't bought only the forum, but almost all their addons. Minus filenabe. I bought 10+ AddOns and I paid for them 2 renewals. I've paid for 3 custom themes. Now, its up to you to re-calculate.

Your logic is flawed really. You're counting the cost into things of buying extra themes and add-ons put into the equation. But those are extra things you buy by choice really, not really part of buying the forum software itself and what that costs you per year.

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
The reply was to the specific post of Jim McClain who wrote "discount for everything I buy". If you pay attention he is not talking for the specific forum script but, in general, for "everything he buy". That's why my reply was also in general.
If I had known my off-the-cuff reply was going to result in all your drama, I woulda pushed my keyboard away. "No really a problem"? Yes, really a problem. Jeez man, leave it alone. Enough already.

GTB

Tazmanian
Sorry but I'm not using Twitter. Must have an account there years ago, but never used it.
You don't need to have a twitter account yourself. The tweets are pulled into the forum admin cp as woltlab news on updates, etc, from their account. But you can disable it if you want from being displayed. Any updates gets shown as a notification on the forum anyway pending you needing to install them.

NOW to buy vB3 he must pay for vB5.

There is no comparison between WBB and vBulletin. Sure, Internet Brands expect people to spend what is it, 300 or 400 buying vB5 because you get the ancient vB3 and vB4 thrown in (bit of a joke that now). None of the other 3 are asking anything like that much though.

Last edited: