WoltLab Suite 3.0 is now live on beta.woltlab.com

Discussion in 'WoltLab Burning Board' started by Feeder, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Lizard King

Lizard King Habitué

+512
    Constantly putting negative messages about Xf will not make anyone trust you more then today.
    Xenforo's login UI/X is not awkward , it is simply old. You can't compare a 6 year old design to a brand new developed design. It is not fair and i personally find single login/register options confusing by end users more. I tested this on many different websites with AB testing and on all my tests different login/signup resulted better experience.

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    It sucked on Day 1

3. andrew3d

andrew3d Aspirant

+12
    What is the hoped for goal by the developers for this to be out of Alpha and Beta?
    Two months? Six months? Longer?

4. dtdesign

dtdesign Developer

+658
    We would love to see the Gold release being available at the end of this year, but that depends on how well the Beta/RC versions work. We don't have any fixed schedules, so if we think that we need more time to get everything done, then the release would be postponed until its stable :)

The first Beta will be released very soon, stay tuned! ;)

5. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    How soon, today?

6. dtdesign

dtdesign Developer

+658
    How about now? ;)

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  7. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    I'm a bit confused now reading the Beta 1 agreement?

It says you can only use it until Jan, 2017 and then you need a WBB 5 license to run it. But isn't the Beta 1 just the framework (which I thought was open source and free) to use on it's own coming with Article CMS included. And that only the forum, blog, filebase and gallery add-ons required a license to use it. Now it sounds like you need a license to run the framework also?

This evaluation version is not suitable for use in production environments, doing so is entirely at your own risk. Updating from WoltLab Suite 3.0 Beta 1 to future versions is not guaranteed. You may use this version until January 31st 2017, if you wish to continue past this date, a valid WoltLab Suite: Forum (Burning Board) 5.0 license is required.

Scrap that, I can see it looks like the Beta 1 comes with forum included and you mean a license for that

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  8. dtdesign

dtdesign Developer

+658
    GTB You are sort of correct, the framework (= WoltLab Suite Core) is open-source, but the forums are not. For various reasons we have decided to only publish the bundle as the Beta version. So yeah, the notice is a bit on the edge and we simply dropped that under the table ;)

Once we've migrated woltlab.com, we'll be offering the Core as a free download. Until then you can either grab the bleeding edge version from GitHub (or any other site that provide ready-to-deploy builds) or just stick with the public betas.

9. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    No, it was me that got confused for a second because I missed the part that said Forum (Burning Board) 5.0 license. I forgot the Beta comes with forum included after testing the Alpha without it. For some reason I wasn't expecting the Beta to come with forum included but remember now the 4.1 Beta/RC I tested before came with it.

10. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    Also GTB if I am not mistaken there also public open betas of their gallery/blogs and so on every now and then. I played with then before getting my WBB license :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.