Woltlab site

Discussion in 'WoltLab Burning Board' started by bogie, Dec 29, 2016.

1. bogie

bogie Participant

+39
    I posted over at woltlab about the graphic issues, and the following error message appears when you visit the site.
    woltlab.PNG

I have had this 4 times when upgrading my own instillation of woltlab, at RC2 this should not be an issue. It really is making me nervous now i have submitted my recommendation to use woltlab across all our sites.

I understand the rush to get software out, but i can assure you that the current pace is putting people off what would be a great product with a little care and less speed.

It wont matter for the first year, as there is free support, but are people expected to buy support every year just to correct software bugs?

2. jacboy

jacboy Aspirant

+8
    WoltLab upgraded their site a few minutes ago, please try it again now.

3. dtdesign

dtdesign Developer

+658
    The woltlab.com installation is always a bit out of sync as it usually contains changes from the next version. Sometimes this can cause discrepancies if certain files are out of sync, but are required to work together. The above error message is basically the result of that, but the update to RC 3 fixed it as the installation is now in sync again.

It might be a bit inconvenient at times, but this way we can test if a new version works properly outside of testing environments. This includes the risk of crashing our own site, but that is something we can accept if this helps us preventing it from happening to our customers ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.