Wober Discussion Community

Discussion in 'Community Reviews' started by Joe., Feb 16, 2016.

1. Joe.

Joe. Adherent

+209
    Joe. submitted a new Showcase Item:

Wober Discussion Community

Read more about this showcase item here...

2. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,474
    Joe.Joe. - I have always liked the looks that Wober.net has brought...you have a few now on the site itself and really it brights the look up a lot...
    The little guy in the logo and favicon is one that keeps me going on guessing where did you find the little guy or did you create him yourself?

I've seen the site on MyBB, IPB, and XenForo over the years and XenForo is the only one I've enjoy seeing the site on.

Some very good content going on and some really interesting threads as well.

3. tomk

tomk Adherent

+176
    Anyone know what happened to wober.net? Joe had it listed for sale on Flippa for $1500 bucks, and 20 hours later there was a message up they were hacked, and now they say they are closing down and removed all the social media accounts, and blocked folks from signing up.

Interesting 24 hours for them, be curious what happened.

4. Hauyser

Hauyser illiterate.

+143
    Another one bites the dust :(

5. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,152
    I've heard conflicting stories about this - anybody know what's really going on?

6. Jason5

Jason5 Enthusiast

+18
    Sad to know that a huge forum comes to an end.

7. tomk

tomk Adherent

+176
    What have you heard? Funny, Joe is usually spamming his url all over daily buy has been silent.

My guess is they were hacked bad, hacker put it on flippa trying to get a quick 1500, and it didn't sell before Joe realized he was hacked.

Some posts on the site also stated all his forum accounts were hacked and someone was going around removing his posts and stuff from other sites.

Either way, 500k posts and one moderator had 100k of those so not super impressive, although I'm sure someone would've paid 1500 or more for it.

No idea why he just decided to close it, but we'll see if that really happens.

8. Ashley S

Ashley S Adherent

+117
    Here is the statement from Joe who owns www.wober.net

• Informative! Informative! x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  9. Jason5

Jason5 Enthusiast

+18
    Finally he has spoken. It slightly relates to my life but he has experienced much and i am just a tiny dot.

10. tomk

tomk Adherent

+176
    So why not sell it? Why did he put it on flippa for a day and then cancel it?

11. Jason5

Jason5 Enthusiast

+18
    Apologize for my comment. I misunderstood the line and commented something else

(Corrected)

12. tomk

tomk Adherent

+176
    huh?

13. lostone1

lostone1 Aspirant

+4
    This forum was dying slowly, I remember this community, it had a group of active members that made it to their peak. Sad to see another forum go.

14. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+1,837
    Closing feels like a missed opportunity. Leaving it on autopilot or merging into other forums would be preferable to closing.

You gotta respect his honesty though. Its much easier giving up on small forums or when upkeep cost cant be offset and you have to keep injecting funds for no personal gain. Joining a corporate-owned forum networks would make sense in such a situation.