Why not?!

Discussion in 'Ask Me Anything' started by Shawn Gossman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,948
    Feel free to ask me stuff and when I remember to visit TAZ, I might actually answer it ;)

A bit about me? Been running forums since I was 12 years old (that was 22 years ago). I remember BBS. I remember dialup. I remember one song download taking days. I am now more of a YouTuber than a forum owner but I still run two forums. My largest forum had 10,000+ members and over 100K posts but due to my own stupid mistakes, I had to kill it. I am the former owner of Another Admin Forum which gave TAZ quite a few posts once I transferred it to The Sandman. I'm better known for getting under Lisa's skin by calling her Lisapoo. I work in QA management and have two master degrees, one is an MBA, the other is Homeland Security.

Feel free to ask me whatever you want, I'll bite :D

2. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Politically Incorrect

+2,806
    What's the meaning behind your username?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. phatcows

phatcows Enthusiast

+148
    Do you use the skills from either of your Master degrees for your current role?

4. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    Why?

5. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Shawn Gossman - How's life been treating you? And are you married with kids yet?
    LOL at Lisapoo Ugh.. That would drive me absolutely crazy. JacquiiPoo ... sounds like something you'd rather not encounter bahahaha. Now .. Time for a shower.

J.

6. Lisa

+8,476
    He just thinks it drives me crazy.. I actually don't even notice ;)

7. Shawn Gossman

+1,948
    Well, almost 34 years ago this man and woman had a baby and they named him Shawn Gossman ;)

The MBA I do. I do a lot of business stuff in association with quality. I was hired for my position because of my education.

Because...

Good. Not married and no kids, don't want to be married or ever have kids, either :) It's for some people, not for me!

You like it!

8. Lisa

+8,476
    Only in your head.

9. Apple

Apple Enthusiast

+87
    Are you trying to tell Lisa something with that nickname? :ROFLMAO:

10. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,517
    How many posts in total have you posted in any capacity on all forums combined?

11. Shawn Gossman

+1,948
    Do you mean how many posts have I posted on all forums in total?

If so, that is like asking where the end of space is. LOL.

If I were to guess, I'd say close to a million. Maybe even more :eek:

I've been posting on forums since I was 12 or 13. Oh wow... I can honestly say, that was over 20 years ago!!! OMG I'm old!!!!

12. Lisa

+8,476
    Are you still stormchasing? And when are you growing your beard back?.. I liked your stubbley face lol

13. Shawn Gossman

+1,948
    LOL, I'm answering this a year later (that is funny!)

No I do not chase storms anymore. I witnessed a significant tornado out west and got pretty good video footage. A big-time American national news network (will not name it) was going to purchase 5 minutes of footage from me for $1,000. Then they backed out when the town that got hit reported no deaths. They told me that a tornado hitting a town and not killing anyone, that news doesn't sell. That was the initial start that put a bad taste in my mouth of national news media - I've called them fake news long before Trump did because they're in it for the money, not for us...unless we pay them. Then I saw a lot of cell phone chasers getting into it and just doing it to look good and be on the news. Finally, chasers started dying, never heard of before. Too dangerous. I still chase locally sometimes but rarely film.

As for the beard, I keep a five o'clock shadow. Too much beard is way too hot and gray hairs really start to show...I'm getting old.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.