why my probords for not comming ?

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by Y2J, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    i tried many times to create a probords forum but when i select "create" than site page will refreshed. plz any 1 help me. and if any1 free than create forum for me with my email id.

2. earlybird

earlybird Enthusiast

+5
    Wierd. Try going to the site via URL and see if that works.

3. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+733
    Try smfnew or Icyboards. smfnew offer Dzinerstudio premium themes as well. And a sub domain like proboards.

4. HallofFamer

HallofFamer Habitué

+232
    You should try another free forum then, or probably use a shared host to start a forum you actually own. Proboards is not a good choice for serious admins, stay away from them unless you know its will be no more than a practice experience for you.

5. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    i am brother of y2j. he is very good at forums but i am new so i want to create forum from proboards than i will move to icyboards after some time i will move to ipb. will proboards give me database?

6. Darth_Apple

Darth_Apple Adherent

+24
    No, Proboards unfortunately won't give you the database. They are notorious for making it very hard to move your forum from them, so you're much better off just avoiding them entirely.

I'd recommend icyboards personally. They are a MyBB host, and MyBB is a much more powerful platform than Proboards is. They will also give you your database for $20, and have fantastic uptime.

7. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    thanks for your help my brother know how to create mybb forum for free can i get free host for my forum (created by me not icyboards) ? and can i rejuster .tk domain like paid domain ?

8. Darth_Apple

Darth_Apple Adherent

+24
    What do you mean by "can i get free host for my forum (created by me not icyboards) ?"

You are the owner of your forum, not icyboards, so it will be your forum. Icyboards is simply the host for it. Also, although icyboards gives you a subdomain of icyboards.net by default, you can register your own domains and use them instead.

9. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    i mean install forum on my computer and host it on free forum host.

10. meetdilip

+733
    You can use a free host like 000webhost or x10hosting. But with free host there is a risk of account being suspended without notice. So take regular backups.

Also you need to install the script on the host, not on your computer.

11. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    thanks for help i have 1 question admin zone was hosted on invision free (free hosted site like zb) they are not allow deta backups than how can u transfered all deta to vb ?

12. meetdilip

+733
    Only Sandman (admin) can answer this. May be at that time they allow it for a fee.

13. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Politically Incorrect

+2,806
    TAZ was never on Invision Free, it started on vBulletin (as vBadmins) and is still on vBulletin.

14. echo_off

echo_off Life is an illusion...

+96
    Christ your spelling, grammar and arrangement of words is terrible. I'm having trouble understanding what you are even saying. Remember, you're not on Facebook. You are on a forum asking help from professionals, so it might help if you spell like a professional. We're not asking for perfect grammar or spelling, just use full words and don't use text language, it's just awkward and hard to read when you don't use it.

Thanks,
    Caelan.

15. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    ok sorry guys. y2j will ask some questions here.

16. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Hmmm - I wasn't aware Christ was a TAZ member :daroldi:

Seriously though - I know what you're saying - but you gotta also remember that English isn't everyone's first language.

@Y2J -- I too am not understanding exactly what you need help with to be honest. If you're not fluent in English, you might consider using Google Translate to form your questions so that we can understand what you need.

Good luck ;)

J.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.