Who do you host with?

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by MMM, Apr 22, 2005.

1. MMM

MMM Rent This Space...

+12
    Well it looks like the honeymoons over with my host, and I'm going to have to move :( I could put up with the safe mode, but now our attachments do not work because they do not (apparently) allow uploads via PHP. Whomever I go with next I would like to stay with, so I need to find someone who is good. I was going to switch to ServerTweak who advertises here, but they don't even answer simple questions on their thread so I'm leery about their 'service' :noid: I have a few places that I'm considering but nothing is set in stone just yet. I was wondering who you guys use for your host? :confused:

2. The Tech Café.net

The Tech Café.net Aspirant

+0
    Server Tweak is awesome. They have 24 hour support on aim. servertweak is the aim name.

3. PacMan

PacMan Fanatic

+160
    I need to move as well, so I started researching new hosts. The best on WHT seems to be site5.com and I was going to go with them untill I found out my site is to big. I have decided to get a VPS from servint.com and they get rave reviews from WHT as well.

4. Bryan

Bryan Lost in Ohio...

+3
    I have been with ServInt for several months now and it's been smooth sailing. No actual down time... there were two scheduled maintenance periods and we had at least a weeks notice that there was going to be maintenance. We're on the Essential VPS.

I've emailed the NOC a few times when I needed help doing something (had Fantastico installed, had them upgrade PHP and then a problem with Fantastico after upgrading PHP LOL) They have always answered my emails within 15 minutes. They upgraded php within an hour of me asking and fixed the problem with fantastico about 20 minutes after I emailed them.

5. Renshaw

Renshaw Keep at it!

+1
    Sonataweb.net

Great support :)

6. MMM

MMM Rent This Space...

+12
    Yeah site 5 looks good, but they only want the big websites :( 50 GB is their smallest offering :(

Do you have a link to WHT?

7. hotrod1

hotrod1 Enthusiast

+0
  8. phoenixdown21

phoenixdown21 The Man with the Plan

+41
    I am with Simpli.biz on a dedicated server and they've been great thus far. PerfectSql seems good too, they post here alot. Zachary also runs hosting at geekydesigns.com and Zachary deffinitely knows how to tweak a server for vb.

9. PacMan

PacMan Fanatic

+160
    Before going with a new host, see what other say about it here: http://webhostingtalk.com/

10. Moncal

Moncal Habitué

+1
  11. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Fanatic

+273
  12. Diana Notacat

Diana Notacat The Space Kitten

+4
    I have been personally using http://www.hostrocket.com for about two or three years, and it is the best host I have ever had. XD The prices for the packages are amazing, as well as the support, and there have been several occasions they have let me upgrade my account during hosting specials they had for new sign ups.

13. Scribbller

Scribbller The dude

+1
    We are hosted on a virtual private server by http://www.vpscolo.com the support is excellent but pre sales services aren't exactly the best ones.

14. pmatoso

pmatoso Aspirant

+0
    Yeah! But the support is very poor.
    And you need to be a Linux expert, otherwise you will have lots of problems like me.

15. djjeffa

djjeffa Adherent

+0
  16. kastor

kastor Enthusiast

+0
    HZ pretty much rocks for the price !

17. Barrikin

Barrikin Launch Team Leader

+1
    Same here, but I'm on the old Corporate monthly plan and looking to get upgraded to the Rocketthree (more stuff, cheaper price) and they want to charge me another $30 setup fee. I haven't had any problems with this host other then this.. I'd hate to leave them but I'm not paying another setup fee.

18. WebsiteMaven

WebsiteMaven Marine

+0
  19. petertdavis

petertdavis Not a Beginner

+222
    I'm using servint too, so far A+ on them.

20. hotrod1

hotrod1 Enthusiast

+0