Which One is Better SEO or SMO?

zmonique2007

Participant
The biggest advantage of SMO is you can expect traffic quickly in comparison to SEO.

SMO tactics can drive huge amounts of people to a website and can also determine whether a startup, website or idea will make it or not.

ryxin0

Neophyte
Both are important to our site but they are different rules of our sites. The two are good and great.

Jaramillo

Aspirant
the combination between the two is the idea, SEM = very fast payment, SEM = not as fast and often free.
The important point is that the two perform functions that may be different anyway.
I personally know Search Engine Optimization much bette ;)

chrisjohnson

Aspirant
I would have to say SEO, but as social media continues to pick up steam, it will prove to be more and more important.

Jichino

Aspirant
I never tried using SMO just because i never really started using any social websites like Myspace or Facebook. I'm sure i'm missing out on alot of potential traffic but i'll check it out one day. With SEO, atleast your efforts are more "permanent" meaning the links you get will most likely stay put for a long time.

Veler

Aspirant
The golden rule is mixing Social Media Optimization techniques alongside with SEO to achieve higher ranking and capture your audience’s attention.

Paul_Daniel

Aspirant
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of getting high search placement in the organic or natural listing of search engines while Social Media Optimization (SMO) has the ability to drive huge amount of targeted niche traffic to a site quickly. It is also another way to network with potential clients and build a good reputation online.

now which one is better SEO or SMO ?

Hi,
One of the biggest differences between SEO and SMO is the networking aspect. SMO is heavily-reliant on networking and strong profiles, while SEO can be done without this.If you want to optimize an whole site i think SEO is better.

1SocialMedia

Aspirant
Well SEO & SMO both are better in there way but for generating high rate of quality traffic on website Social Media Optimization has an upper hand over Search Engine Optimization.

1SocialMedia

Aspirant
I prefer to SEO ....!!SEO involves Off Page and On Page SEO. It is the best way to show your site top in search engine...!!

jaydeep

Neophyte
hi friend

Search engine optimization is necessary when your site new after you can use smo for offpage optimization.

el canadiano

But I said ███████████
Social Media Optimization is going to be very big in the future if the popularity of social networking stays the way it is (at least).

shewag

Neophyte
Hi guys,
Some Comparisons and Similarities of SEO and SMO:

Link Building:
SEO – Inbound links are a large determining factor in rankings.
SMO – Links are a result of success, which means that SEO benefits from good SMO.

On Page Elements:
SEO – Title tags, headers, image title, bold text and use of keywords are all influential on search engine rankings.
SMO – Coding and tags are not so important, while visual attention grabbers make a bigger impact.

Titles:
SEO – The title tag of a page tells the search engines what a page is about and carries a lot of weight in the rankings.
SMO – Titles and headlines are extremely important for grabbing attention and getting users to click-through.

Content:
SEO – Quality content is important in order to rank well.
SMO – Quality content is important in order to hold the readers’ attention and win their approval.

Content Plus:
SEO – Content alone will not produce high rankings. The structure of the site must also be sound.
SMO – While quality content is essential, visual presentation can also make a big difference.

Analysis:
SEO – Analysis is necessary in order to know which changes have made an impact (positive or negative) on the site’s rankings.
SMO – Analysis is necessary to know what types of content draws interest.

Success Breeds More Success:
SEO – Trusted domains will have a positive effect on all pages, including new pages.
SMO – Power profiles on sites like Digg can keep traffic flowing with new submissions.

I believe that SMO is the best way (at least it’s the best free method) for new websites and blogs to draw visitors.

Shewag
Myspace Layouts

casius

Aspirant
Hello,

SEO is better than SMO because Millions of people go to search engine to get the business or products related information or whatever otherthan SMO is just a way to attract the visitor.

pumpingiron

Aspirant
Both SEO and SMO are ways to attract people to a website showing them what value the website can bring to them.
SEO is primarily about search engines. SMO is about the social media sources like blogs, bookmarking and networking sites etc...
With SMO you will probably have to build a community while with SEO you might be looking to sell something, but not necessarily.
Especially in SMO, quality content and visual presentation can make a big difference in order to hold the readers’ attention and win their approval.
SEO and SMO work together rather than separately. Link building is probably the best example. Links are a result of success, which means that SEO benefits from good SMO.
They are both means to promote your site, to get traffic and good ranking.
(SMO is the best free method for new websites and blogs to draw visitors.)

Last edited:

JonasHastings

Neophyte
I think SEO covers SMO as well so both are important to rank well in Google and see that sales skyrocket.

ellehc

Aspirant
Well I think both are important
SMO (Social Media Optimization)
Is a set of methods for attracting visitors to website content by promoting and publicizing it through social media
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" or un-paid search results as opposed to search engine marketing which deals with paid inclusion.Both are Important.

mikeandy

Neophyte
You can't get desired results only one or can work with one promotional strategy. You need to apply both for the website accordingly.

herrymoris

Aspirant
Well I always prefer and give the first chance to SEO. And I just want to say you that it has that much techniques and it really helps to increase the PR.

Last edited: