Which of these types should be NoIndexed on Wordpress site for optimal SEO?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Whitesky, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Whitesky

Whitesky Aspirant

+12
    Hello, so I'm using the popular All In One SEO pack, and read several guides on optimal settings, specifically pertaining to no-indexing and no-following.

Every guide typically shows just Pages, Posts & Media. However, my site currently has a ton of post types, so a bit lost here on which I should be checking. Here's the options:

awww.nulumia.com_images_seo_nofollow.jpg

I'm no SEO whiz but I'd imagine I only want to be indexing as little important content as possible for greater weighting on those items - pages, posts, & store products (I use Woocommerce).

Should I just check everything else? Thanks for any opinions,

2. Whitesky

Whitesky Aspirant

+12
    Thanks, but as per my first post, I mentioned that I've read several guides including the ones you showed in your screenshots. Since they only cover stock WP (Pages, Posts, Media) there's no info I could find about when to nofollow other post types.

I have 15 post types vs the tradtional 3. Looking for recommendations on whether these should all be noindexed/nofollowed.

3. Indianparents

Indianparents Adherent

+104
    You are right about indexing as little as possible. I would choose to index gallery, coupons and products in addition to the standard post types.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted