Which cell phone company do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Erin Nicole, Feb 12, 2015.

1. T-Mobile

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Vodafone

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Cricket

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. MetroPC

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Verizon

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. Sprint

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. AT&T

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  8. Other

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Erin Nicole

Erin Nicole Habitué

+273
    Hey guys!

So, as some of you know I work for AT&T Online Wireless Sales Chat. I'm that chat box that you see pop up on the Wireless Section of their site. I don't like it. Main reason? I am a T-Mobile fan.

With the new rollover data that has come out I had to attend an Adobe Session (where we gather in a room, kinda like a hangouts session except no webcams only microphones) that was all about AT&T's data rollover and how it "knocks T-Mobile's down a peg" or something like that. I had to stop and leave once they really started trying to beat up T-Mobile. All-in-All, I STILL think T-Mobile's network & service is better and I will always say that.

They may not have the spread out network that Verizon/AT&T has but they have the best service you can get for the price.

Anyway, which cell phone company do you stick behind?

2. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+437
    Verizon because they have the largest cell phone coverage in the United States. I travel a lot and I'm usually around the mountain states, so any other provider doesn't work well when driving out in the middle of nowhere. Verizon does though.

With that said, I don't like any of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,833
    No one :), I've been them T-Mobile / AT*T / Verizon.

Started with AT&T and they were fine but I can't quite remember the exact details of it but they did a merger with... Cingular? And I got pushed around like crazy, was told things like you need to renew your contract because even though your with AT&T you're on the old cingular towers which requires a 2 year renewal to fix. I'm like I know a desperate sale when I see one.

From there switched to T-Mobile, I liked them a lot, had no complaints and customer service was always nice. I only travel to California so I never had service problems myself. The kicker for that was I upgraded my phone... for the confirmation number, was sent a shipping number and then the phone never came. Called back and they said I never qualified for an upgrade and that the representative must of made a mistake. That was around a tax-refund time so I said... no thanks and switched to verizon.

Now... when I called in for the first time to activate my phone there was a girl on the line who kept on giggling about something. You could hear a co-worker making her laugh in the background. I'm all for fun and games to an extent at work but she literally did this throughout the entire phone call... laughing the entire time while trying to hide it. I didn't have problems with the service but my corporate discount changed half way through my contract so it wasn't as good of a deal for me. Switched back to AT&T.... been with them since. I'm not thrilled nor would I recommend a provider to anyone because I think majority of them are shady in their own ways :D

4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,948
    Verizon, its really the only carrier that works in southern IL. Everyone around here gets Sprint and others and then complains all the time because they get their calls dropped. We also have Straight Talk which I don't really understand - verizon gets the job done though and even though their resources are not unlimited, I never use close to my allocated resources so it doesn't apply to me. :)

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    Have had CellularOne, USCellular, AT&T, and Verizon...

Been with Verizon the last 8 years, won't change to any other. Can only say they have been great from the beginning for me.

6. Hangman

Hangman Tazmanian

+269
    For the UK I recommend EE... my iPhone 6 on 4G is unbeatable. Perfect phone.

7. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,240
    www.republicwireless.com
    (uses sprint towers)

going with major carriers is a joke any more.
    might as well throw your money in the trash.

Untitled.png

8. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,948
    The only thing I hate about Verizon is having to wait for upgrades. They'd rather you upgrade and sign a contract than buy at full price but they do that Edge plan for that instead of just giving you it. I was going to get the new iPhone-6 but I'm not doing that Edge plan. I told the gal at Verizon that while I wait for the next upgrade in June, I'll probably lose more and more interest in upgrading and she said she will try to make it sooner. You just got to speak salesperson to those people and let them know they might lose out on making more money haha

9. Creaky

Creaky Adherent

+108
    Bein in the UK mine isn't on the list, currently with O2 and very happy with the service.

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,701
    This poll seems only relevant to people in the US. Even if your country has the same company names as the above, its often quite a different animal. The big names have bought up many companies across the globe and slapped their name on it.

11. Pancham

Pancham Aspirant

+25
    Att is good for me and my family.

Sprint- Awful coverage and awful support(Virgin Mobile and boost mobile had way too many English as a second language reps)

Verizon- Was overpriced for what it offered us.

T-Mobile- Good value but the coverage for us sucked.

Att- They are good and they carry the best phones for my OS and I like the coverage and value.

12. Erin Nicole

Erin Nicole Habitué

+273
    That's just because I live in the US and don't know the other names.

That's why I added "other".

13. R44

R44 Asperger's Network? Absolutely.

+415
    I'm Australian. Here we have 3 (and then resellers).

1) Vodafail - terrible service. Wouldn't use them if you paid me.

2) Optus - my current SP. I can't fault them with 10GB data.

3) Telstra - I can fault Telstra. There's a lot of stories here.

14. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    I use telstra and never had any serious issues: the girls look forward for me popping in to pay my bills :)

15. batpool52!

batpool52! ????

+158
    The one I use is not even listed :'(

16. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,448
    My preferred network would be all of them because maybe if there was just one network I might not have to worry any more about which network works where.

17. euantor

euantor MyBB Lead Developer

+407
    3 in the UK. Have tried most of the others, Vodafone was too expensive, O2 has poor coverage where I am, EE isn't bad, but are more expensive. Only problem with 3 is the fact that you never get a UK callcentre and they're always trying to see you something.

18. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    I loved Cingular back in the day. Then I liked Verizon, switched to ATT for a year, went back to Verizon. TMobile looks promising but service is horrible, even in LA. I like what TMobile is doing to the market. I hope Verizon follows suite on day, because I'm tired of paying for the data package I use. Support is generally friendly.

19. Echo

Echo Runs with grenades

+614
    Verizon, I've tried them all and although I pay a little more the coverage and support are second to none.

20. eldritch1969

eldritch1969 Adherent

+108
    The only cell company that I respect is The Ministry of Justice, Prison and Jail Department

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.