Question What's happening to Admin Zone ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Jack_Rouse, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Zero Numbers

Zero Numbers Adherent

+31
    What's happening to the Admin Zone? That's a good question.

I think we're just going to go in circles or get bored to death trying to figure out why.

2. Brad

Brad Meh

+1,267
    12 pages about a "dead forum", things can't be all bad.

There is no drama right now so people don't post, it isn't so much the vB fans getting driven off its the fact that everyone settled on something they liked and stopped ranting about it.

I've personally eased up on posting because I got tired of answering the same questions over and over again. There are newbies about that seem eager to answer them so I rarely jump in to be support. I sometimes get drunk and rant and rave in the chit-chat forum but I do most of my ranting elsewhere now a days. A lot of us get bored with TAZ only to come back a couple of years later. You can only talk about vBulletin, Xenforo, and php for so long before you get sick of it.

3. Zero Numbers

Zero Numbers Adherent

+31
    Now to contribute something more serious.

Things seem quiet but its hard to really say why. Maybe if users were given more incentive it could help the cause. That's just my belief.

What appears to be forgotten is that not everyone who comes here are forum owners or admins. Some of the stuff like "what platform do you use" or "How can I get traffic and members to my forum" aren't that interesting to people who don't have an expertise in that field. As another poster said, what draws viewers in is engaging content.

4. Nexus

Nexus That Coldhearted ******

+20
    Even though I am sure it wont, it would be hilarious if a forum composed of forum admins manages to fail. It would teach us a lot about being someones members.

5. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    A lot of Admin Forums have failed over the years :)

6. Nexus

Nexus That Coldhearted ******

+20
    if THIS forum* :p

I think TAZ has prevailed for too long to just die, at worst it'll simply be having waves of activity, and in consequence to that, waves of inactivity.

7. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    Better :D

Indeed. TAZ has been online for 11 and half years, that's a lot of content - most of which is still relevant today. While people still build forums, I can't see TAZ disappearing.

8. Dunarth

Dunarth Neophyte

+2
    Meh, for me it's not the quantity, but the quality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Welcome to TAZ aimg690.imageshack.us_img690_6135_waveym.gif

J.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.