What MyBB Modifications would you like to get created?

Discussion in 'MyBB' started by Shawn Gossman, Jul 10, 2009.

1. pavemen

pavemen Adherent

+21
    what do you mean by "basic"?

MyShowcase uses one system to handle multiple layouts and field settings, templates to make it look like you want, image uploads with optional thumbnails and watermarks, group based permissions, group and user based moderators, comment system with notifications, inline moderation, integrated search, sorting and filtering, dynamic field content, SEO built-in, built-in fancybox image displays.....

what is "basic" about that? I am not trying to argue or anything, I am just curious as to what you mean.

version 2.0 of MyBB (yeah, I know) will have APIs and other ways to connect. And it appears that SMF does not fit your needs either if you need to code the apps you want.

and what do you mean by "application extensions" exactly?

2. Roddy15

Roddy15 Aspirant

+2
    A blog system like vBulletin would be lovely, I've spent ages searching for something close to it but couldn't find anything.

3. ZiggyM

ZiggyM Happy 2014!

+3
    I would love a plugin that allows individual users to have a custom username markup, overriding their usergroup's default markup; nothing fancy, just the color mainly. Of course, with a way for admins to limit this functionality to certain usergroups or even individual users, or based on post count.

A plugin like this does already exist, called user appearance, which can be downloaded from the MyBB mods site. However, it's outdated and a pain to install as, apart from uploading the plugin file, it requires you to make a lot of manual edits to core files.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. Andy98

Andy98 Game Developer

+27
    I would love a chat room that I can set specific moderation permissions.
    In short, I'd like it to be somewhat like AJAX, where I can use not only fun commands, but I can also PM and infract, kick, temp ban, and perma ban a user. The ones I've found are either a pain to install or don't have what I'd like.

5. Nestar

Nestar Aspirant

+0
    I'm desperately searching for a mod which allows users to create and join social groups like in vBulletin 3 and above.

6. ArianaGrande

ArianaGrande Neophyte

+0
    I can't ever get GoogleSEO to work, so a good SEO plugin that actually works I guess.

7. Oldcrow

Oldcrow Enthusiast

+35
    I would like to see mybb have a mod. installation like smf has.. Done rigth through the acp..no zipping the mod, just install..

8. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,494
    I'm not sure I follow with this. :yikes:

9. Oldcrow

Oldcrow Enthusiast

+35
    With SMF if you want ti install a skin, there is a section for skins, find the skin you want put it on your desktop, go to the ACP skin section install skin select skin to install press Install, if compatible it'll install the skin..

Mod.'s select the proper mod put it on your desktop, go back to the ACP go into Package Manager look for download package click on and select the mod you have on the desktop, after you click the mod it comes into the section and you next click install mod..Again if its compatable it'll install the mod, then take you to the mod, page for setup if its needed..

This is the simple way. You can use the FTP, but the ACP is the simplest..

Ron..

10. Jones H

Jones H MyBB Developer

+37
    There's one called "Plugin Uploader" (or so) which does exactly this. However as the zip files can have different structures it's not always possible to determine which files belongs where.

11. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,494
  12. Jones H

Jones H MyBB Developer

+37
    Caused by the new mods site. But I guess that Matt will update it if there's the need for it.

13. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,494
    Hope so, it's a nice plugin after reading it and such.

14. Sim

Sim Coder/Designer

+196
    @MiniAvatarWithTagging =]

15. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,494
    Could be done. I would think, maybe...

16. Jones H

Jones H MyBB Developer

+37
    There are several mention plugins (MentionMe is the most used afaik). Though I'm not aware of one which includes the avatar though that should be an easy modification.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. 2012

2012 Aspirant

+1
    wordpress bridge

18. PinoyFused

PinoyFused Aspirant

+2
    I'd like to have a gallery type system, just like 9gag and pinterest

also a infinite scroll down like facebook wall is very responsive! ^_^

19. Shamzblueworld

Shamzblueworld Participant

+9
    There are shoutbox plugins available, but I would really like to see a full fledged chat options to be added as a plugin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.