What MyBB Modifications would you like to get created?

Discussion in 'MyBB' started by Shawn Gossman, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Yoshie

Yoshie Aspirant

+0
    A MyBB CMS would be awesome.

2. el canadiano

el canadiano But I said ███████████

+31
  3. pavemen

pavemen Adherent

+21
  4. eidmedia

eidmedia Aspirant

+0
    My hero :worship:

I´d love to try it out on a site thats not live yet, but I dont have time to convert my live site before early january (because of school...) But I might not be an advanced user, I barely read php...

5. Kudu

Kudu Aspirant

+0
    I would appreciate a new Soft Delete mod. Undo Delete is OK as a drop-in temporary replacement, but we would need something that fits in better with the rest.

6. sunsettommy

sunsettommy Enthusiast

+10
    Like a standard portal transformed into a mini CMS set up?

7. sunsettommy

sunsettommy Enthusiast

+10
    I agree that a single page CSM is badly needed.

We now have thousands of large forums on the internet,that cries out for a need of a mini CSM page.To make it much easier for visitors and members find where they want to go and read.

Unfortunately software developers are resisting the obvious need for such an update.

8. duncan

duncan Aspirant

+0
    Has anyone said "Facebook Login or Account Creation" yet?

I have always presumed that having a super simple way of creating an account and logging in would turn a lot more lurkers into members.

9. pavemen

pavemen Adherent

+21
    I have released my MyShowcase System at http://community.mybb.com/thread-87424.html and this can be used as a garage.

There is a Page Manager plugin that allows you to create dynamic pages wrapped in MyBB header and footer. It uses dynamic page URLs but that can be fixed with htaccess.

There are several third party integration plugins now, from Facebook to Twitter and a few others.

10. Shadowdare

Shadowdare Participant

+0
    I would like something like the SSO plugin on Vanilla.

11. thnok

thnok Participant

+0
    A gallery feature would be nice! But it should be build by Mybb it self. ;)

12. pavemen

pavemen Adherent

+21
    Coppermine is a better and more powerful solution, plus it can be fully integrated into MyBB, not just a simple bridge.

Check out my site for a sample of what I had done. Simple to do once I built the needed wrapper and Coppermine plugin (which have been shared in tutorials on MyBB and Coppermine support forums)

13. xxlilcrispyxx

xxlilcrispyxx Aspirant

+0
    i would like a edit the modcp plugin to be added to manage what they can do in the modcp

14. LucianDev

LucianDev Participant

+2
    They already have this

ai.imgur.com_CQf1v.jpg

Also, I would like to see a Ban Page where members can view everyone on the forum that has been banned, and the reason they where banned. I seen something like this for the older versions of MyBB couldn't find any new updated ones.

15. rojpetric

rojpetric Aspirant

+0
    I am not too demanding lol.. two things I would like to see is 1.easier access to members ..something like IPB where they are displayed and you can move them in a group or single. If you change the format of your forum it;s s bit tricky in mybb

16. miscbyproduct

miscbyproduct Aspirant

+3
    decent supported portal and classifieds plugins

17. pavemen

pavemen Adherent

+21
    Do you mean your own groups so you can find people? There is a buddy list so you can see the people you place in that group. What is wrong with how themes/templates are modified? MyBB is one of the easiest in my opinion.

What do you want in the portal? My MyShowcase plugin can be used as simple classifieds section (along with many other uses with the same installation)

http://yaldaram.com/thread-617.html?highlight=ban+page

18. miscbyproduct

miscbyproduct Aspirant

+3
    I've looked at your My Showcase plugin Paveman.
    I think you for making it available.
    It's good for the way your using it.

That's way to basic for a real to life community.

Hard to take mybb serious... they seriously out dated that way.

it's like
    live chat vs sms

out dated applicability.
    for anything substancial you have to use a standalone product and hope you can tie the logins together
    beyond that, your about doomed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  19. pavemen

pavemen Adherent

+21
    What is too basic for real life communities, my plugin or MyBB itself?

Yes, MyBB default theme and templates are outdated, but version 1.8 ill change that and it is supposedly due soon (hey, its all volunteer). Plus, since it is all themes and templates and has a massive plugin system, you can make it look like you want. Look at http://www.harajuju.net for a more modern MyBB look.

What do you mean by substantial? I have a big board running MyBB, there are several other very large MyBB based sites out there. They are intended to be forums and nothing more, so you need to keep that in mind. The goal of MyBB is to be the best forum software, not the best CMS/forum/social/blog software.

20. miscbyproduct

miscbyproduct Aspirant

+3
    "What is too basic for real life communities, my plugin or MyBB itself?"
    Both.

"They are intended to be forums and nothing more, so you need to keep that in mind."

"The goal of MyBB is to be the best forum software, not the best CMS/forum/social/blog software."

well, your right and wrong

( keep in mind )
    beyond forums, mybb won't work well with applications.

(no more need to consider mybb)
    I the regards, mybb is likely to forever be a dead end.

Every other major forum software has a applications expansion.
    (some free, some paid)

So maybe I'll consider SMF & paying a coder to integrate a couple stand alone apps to it.

Thanks for the conversation Paveman.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.