What matters and what doesn't for Google ranking

Discussion in 'Forum SEO' started by djbaxter, Nov 25, 2007.

1. vlauria

vlauria Adherent

+8
    That study seemed to return some very valuable SEO information. I strongly agree with all but 1 point, about keywords in the URL didn't seem to have an affect on ranking. It's been my findings that using static urls and using appropriate keywords found within the page on the URL does help your ranking among competition for the same keyword.

2. stephencauldry

stephencauldry Neophyte

+0
    Keywords are key

Keywords, whether embedded on the meta tag, content, or URL itself, matter to any search engine. It just so happens that they have a preference as to how they want to choose keywords, like how MSN prefers to crawl keywords in URLS, etc.

3. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    Rubbish. Did you read the first post in this thread before posting?

4. thegetpr

thegetpr Aspirant

+0
    title tags are important in header of any website/ blog

5. jayman

jayman Aspirant

+0
    Thanks for the information! I have been trying to get my site ranked testing out some things and talking to some buddy and these things seem to hold true.

6. britwolf

britwolf Neophyte

+0
    thanx for the info

7. reganstar

reganstar Participant

+0
    Great post. Thank you for sharing.

8. theicon

theicon Aspirant

+0
    really nice post. thanks!

9. jimmywhite

jimmywhite Aspirant

+0
    Excellent info, i didn't know about that H1 tags...thanks!

10. ellehc

ellehc Aspirant

+0
    This thread contain some really nice info I learn a lot from this thread. Thanks!

11. MattanJames

MattanJames Neophyte

+0
    When i start SEO of my website i read many articles and blog post about on page SEO, and many of them give 70% wattage of on page to title and H1 tags. The last point no doubt is most important one , having high quality back links and Google must crawl your site and give good position to it.

12. nabeelarkisdata

nabeelarkisdata Neophyte

+0
    I believe Keywords in domain do not have such an impact.

13. viewcaster

viewcaster Aspirant

+2
    Its all about relevance. Keywords do carry a lot of weight, as the original text points out, if they are relevant with the rest of your content.

14. motreano

motreano Neophyte

+0
    what a bout using Divs or tables?
    using javascript in site is good or bad?
    what is the prefer size of the page ?
    what about using falsh banar or flash site?

15. VicDelmonte

VicDelmonte Aspirant

+1
    Any plans to update the op? Google changes stuff all the time, it seems like.

16. famade

famade Neophyte

+2
    You are right I also find that effect of h2 and h6 keywords vary most than the h1 keyword.I used &imp=100 for keyword ranking but not a good result I found so if any other tips on keyword ranking then share with me.Thanks

17. soccerbox

soccerbox Aspirant

+0
    Titel tags are arguably the most important on page seo aspect. Think of a title tag like a label on a tin - that is exactly how Google bot uses them - to help see whats inside and whether it is relevant.

18. pumpkinzu

pumpkinzu Neophyte

+0
    Awesome post and thanks for the info with H1 Tags! :D and I also don't believe keywords are that important in ranking

19. Jommy

Jommy Neophyte

+0
    Thank you but for the inbound links I think it is more about quality links than the quantity and the fact they are from very different authorities

20. oliviasmith

oliviasmith Neophyte

+0
    That's an awesome post. Keep up the good work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.