What makes it Premium Domains

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by fixer, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    What makes these “premium”

Mod break: the posts here in this thread are from the discussion here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019
  2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,456
    good question....

3. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+992
    Because they are arranged alphabetically, you blind buffoon!

4. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    :D

5. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,120
    Nothing premium about these domain names.

6. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+250
    the 4 letter .coms possibly at a stretch but yeah im not quiet sure on the others..

7. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    xpoopfarterjj.org

8. cornnfedd

+250
    SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,438
    In general 4 letter domain names that don't spell a word are low value, $100 - $500. There are exceptions but these rarely come up for sale.

myyogabody.com is definitely premium, worth at the very least 4 figures and very much more to the right organisation. In fact there are a number of domains there worth 10K or more.

10. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+190
    I agree. I wouldn’t give $1.00 for the entire list.

11. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Senior Citizen

+636
    This thread would make me think twice about coming here to sell domains. There's no indication that the OP is ripping anyone off, but some of you are going after him like he has. He hasn't even suggested a price. "Premium domain" is a subjective term. What isn't premium or desireable to you might very well be to someone else. Why are any of you attempting to ruin this sale? If you aren't interested, then stay out of it. If you are, then just do as has been politely asked and post or message him. I don't understand why TAZ administration hasn't protected this thread from the unwarranted bashing it's taken.

[EDIT: This message has been moved from its original thread and one or more replies above have been edited or removed, making my reply seem confusing.]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. cornnfedd

+250
    So what you are saying is we cant have an opinion, on a site that is a forum - where you are meant to give your opinion? If premium domain is a subjective term like you suggest then surely we are allowed to discuss what that means to us?

If the OP doesnt want us to comment then he probably shouldnt have posted here in the first place.

Original OP doesnt care, yet you seem to want to tell people to keep on topic by going off topic...

hectic post. :)

And people wonder why forums are dying.

13. Jim McClain

+636
    Seems we have an international problem: people interpret a few sentences into something other than what was actually said. MY OPINION (one shouldn't need to even say that) is that a classified post in the classifieds forum should not be turned into a castigation of the seller because of subjective terminology.

Let's say you had a 1963 4-door Chevy Biscayne you wanted to sell and posted on a classic car forum, describing it as a popular classic car. A lot of classic car buffs don't think the 4-door is very popular at all, but some do. All you want to do is sell your car, but some people posted replies in your for-sale thread about whether your car was popular or not and some might even devalue the vehicle by saying they wouldn't buy it for even a hundred bucks (which you never asked for anyway, in fact you never stated any price, but hoped for as much as you could get). Now others have turned your car for sale thread into a debate and some have publicly disparaged your car, which has the effect of lowering the value and maybe even preventing or delaying the sale.

That kind of "discussion" should not be allowed in a classifieds thread. I'm not suggesting questions shouldn't be entertained, but not much of that has taken place in this topic.

Sure you can, in your own topic about the value of domain names, or the discussing of the best way to sell domain names or in some other relevant topic. But not leveled as criticism of the OP in their classifieds thread.

I can't speak for the OP, but that's why I said I would be hesitant to post something for sale in the for-sale forums if people were allowed to rip my sale apart because they didn't like the terminology I used, even though that terminology wasn't used to scam buyers.

I don't know that the multiple critical posts weren't intimidating to the OP, but the thread appeared destructive to the OP's intentions to me, so I thought I'd speak up. There were far too many posts to "report" so I thought I would just add to the already way off-topic discussion. Could be that some forums are dying because some members think every subforum is a free-for-all to share their irrelevant opinions. Some forums, like a classifieds forum, just don't do well under those circumstances.

My hope is that a conscientious admin/mod will come along and prune this thread of posts 5, 6, 7, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 (this post). That's just my hope though, not a demand or admonishment or anything else, so don't read something into my words that I didn't say.

14. cornnfedd

+250
    I just dont understand why your are getting your panties in a twist over nothing.

Anyway sorry for derailing the topic, i will shut up now.

Good luck OP with the sale.

15. Jim McClain

+636
    Don't be uncouth.

16. cornnfedd

+250
    sorry.

lets let OP get it back on topic.

17. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,438
    The thread has already been heavily moderated and there maybe some more posts to remove.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,182
    A classified thread isn't really the place to pick someone apart. I see it happen to often here.

Unfortunately this was partly started by staff taking part in the discussion in stead of intervening and allowing the OP to sell their items.

If you're not interested move along.

19. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,120
    I have moderated the classified of the domains discussion is good but i agree with Steve and ZappaDPJ not in the selling thread.

20. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    lol can you put the deleted posts back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.