What kind of "Trophies" do you use in your Forum beyond the default?

Discussion in 'Managing an Online Community' started by palhanow, Jul 22, 2019.

1. palhanow

palhanow Enthusiast

+114
    Hello Adm friends. I have one question for you:

In XenForo we have something called "Trophies", is like a achievement system for users who meet some criteria. For example:

- Have 5 new threads win 10 points;
    - Have 10 posts win 5 points;
    - Have X likes win 50 points
    ... and more.

For telling the truth, in my XF Forum this is a complete useless thing and i don't use, is just on the default configuration, and with that, 90% of my users have the same "points". I even disabled the visualization on postbit, and my users don't mind.

So, what's your "trophies" configuration? Please share with me because is not bad to have an achievement system but I'm in the lack of ideas.

2. Nerdface

Nerdface Aspirant

+21
    I currently have trophies for;
    X posts
    X positive reactions
    X time spent online

I'm planning further trophies for;
    X threads
    X media shared
    X blog entries

3. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,079
    Have to admit, I don't use trophies in XenForo. Instead, I use a currency/shop system, and let people buy items to change how bits of the site look/work instead. I think that works better to be honest.

4. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,450
    The majority of sites seem to struggle to make any meaningful use of the system. Most shower you with trophies up to your first 10 posts/likes etc and then leave you hanging until your one millionth post. Shouldn't it work the other way around with long serving contributors getting regular rewards for posting?

5. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    My trophies lineup:
    2019-07-22_20-40-11.jpg

Will likely add more if necessary for things like shared media, paid subscribers, etc...
    Just wanted to do a little something different anyway...

J.

6. dojo

dojo Passionate admin

+131
    I am thinking about adding some postcount based trophies and titles, but need to tinker with the idea more. As the forum is a medical seo forum, I'm thinking about adding medical 'ranks'. but, on the other hand, this type of forum members are not too interested in such ranks, as most are medical professionals and mature people :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.