ipodman submitted a new Article:

What is Link Building: Version 2

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  2. JeremyBencken

JeremyBencken Neophyte

+0
    70% solution

Link building for a forum-based site is a make-or-break if you want to grow. Ideally, your post pages will rank for long-tail searches if you build enough links, which is when you can really drive traffic and ad revenue and get acquired by IB, Demand Media, or Specific Media. :)

I'd recommend building links to both your root domain AND category pages.

Aside from asking for links, social media engagement is a great way earn quality backlinks via blog comment participation. Most bloggers won't link to commenters, but a handful do, and the geniuses at HighRankingSEO has compiled a list of them and setup a Google Custom Search engine of "do follow blogs". You just search for blog posts related to your site, add a comment, and presto... instant backlink. Be cautious about trying to stuff your anchor text full of keywords, though... some bloggers will delete your comment if they see that. Here's the link:

http://www.highrankingseo.net/dofollow-blog-tool/

Good luck! I sold a community site to IB, and the key was definitely link building.

- Jeremy
    Co-founder, BuzzStream for Link Building

3. ipodman

ipodman The Teacher

+1
    Thanks for the input on my post! I agree with what you ahve said to an extent

4. bravoman1

bravoman1 Aspirant

+0
    I would have to agree with SeoBounty, automation is a short term effect to your link building campaign, the difference from quality over quantity is getting the relevant high PR backlinks, with proper keyword anchor text, which can have a dramatic effect in your rankings.

5. macwil

macwil Aspirant

+1
    Another best way to build quality backlinks is to find blogs that allows you to write guest posts. It is one of the best and most effective activity to build high Pr and quality backlinks. Once you get approved on a popular blog, other bloggers and sites will automatically approve your posts by allowing you to include your own website link in your author bio.

6. mdamirhamza

mdamirhamza Neophyte

+0
    Ipodman,
    thanks for your nice and lucid information on building links.
    It will certainly be helpful. :banana:

7. NerdForum

NerdForum Adherent

+21
    Something I'd like to say on reciprocal links is that you shouldn't be afraid to email webmasters. Do a search for keywords related to your website and go to every page available. Normally there is a contact page with an email address or form, if not, check the "about" page, or sometimes just at the bottom of the home page. Write an email to each of these people, explaining your new site, and why you would like it to grow. be funny, be nice, and don't be heartbroken if they don't respond, just keep going. Also, be sure to personalize each one, don't just copy and past the same message.

8. pompano

pompano Neophyte

+0
    Very nice article, I am sure this will help a lot of new people. :)

9. techfreakd

techfreakd Neophyte

+0
    hi friends,
    Thank you very much for sharing about link building information.
    I am a seo executive so this information very useful for me and other.
    thanks again.

10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. ............

+110
    nice old thread bump

11. tracy323

tracy323 Neophyte

+0
    Your post is like an information box where we can get more about this topic and it can help us to work in excellent way,thanks a lot!

12. swatihotels

swatihotels Neophyte

+0
    Link-building, while a very wide and imprecise term, usually represents anything you do to point back links back to your web page from third party sites. These back links, or back links for short, help to get traffic to your web page, allow others to find your useful web page, create attention for your web page, contributes reliability, and most of all helps in having your web page found by the search engines such as Google.

13. 01Aaron

01Aaron Aspirant

+1
    Good post. Many detailed tips. :D

14. TwoPalmTrees

TwoPalmTrees Aspirant

+1
    I've used this guy before to build links, he did a great job, but I also used some of the techniques above like listing in directories and social media bookmarking.

15. tianamartin

tianamartin Neophyte

+0
    Thanks for sharing useful information about link building, I have really unaware of all these aspects about link building, Thanks!

16. himanshuishenry

himanshuishenry Aspirant

+0
    I don't believe web directories they takes a long time to review your website/blog and I don't think they provide a do-follow link but I am trying/testing with a few

17. MarkDD

MarkDD Aspirant

+0
    I think it's a good post,still the techniques have updated latelly very much! I appreciate the text..

18. Noticed

Noticed Neophyte

+0
    Thanks for the article, it's not very often you find people writing articles without trying to sell their services so thanks! :)

19. miky03

miky03 Neophyte

+0
    With your articles I learn new and interesting things at the same time! Thanks!