Question What happens when a member reports a post?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by PoetJC, Jun 10, 2018.

1. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Politically Incorrect

+2,746
    Don't remember the years it was like that, but yes... it was like that for a time.

It turns out that it makes it considerably harder to moderate things consistently when the reporter has access to the report thread... admins always think that they know best and that can lead to problems when things aren't being moderated in a way that they agree with. Giving them access to report threads just makes it so much worse...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,579
    This puts me in mind of the old saying that doctors make the worst patients. :)

3. THM

THM Aspirant

+8
    What software (addon) does that for you? Is it custom? I'd love to use it. No one has a viable ticket software yet for XF2 I don't believe.

4. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+8,371
    I think someone posted screenshots earlier in the thread about the ability to send a message to the reporter. It's something I always did - whether it was a case of just acknowledging receipt of the report, or to confirm action had been taken. It's just good manners :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,812
    Wellit should be automated you only have a few options

Waves at LisaLisa

6. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+8,371
    Hey :love:

Thought I'd call in while I had some free time!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.