What does PR -1 mean?

Discussion in 'Forum SEO' started by smaharjan2, Jan 22, 2009.

1. smaharjan2

smaharjan2 Neophyte

+0
    I know about PR0 but I am really confused in PR -1. What is this PageRank -1 means? Waiting for help here.

Thanks.

2. motokochan

motokochan Habitué

+20
    Where are you seeing this?

3. AlexLD

AlexLD Aspirant

+0
    I don't believe there is such a rating, I'd do a PR check on a few websites to verify and make sure one isn't just saying that.

~ Alex

4. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    Some third party PageRank checkers or directory scripts will show this when the PageRank is unavailable for some reason, most often because Google discourages automatic PR scripts.

5. smaharjan2

smaharjan2 Neophyte

+0
    Yes minstrel, I faced it while managing my directory. So, is it good or bad?

6. djbaxter

+463
    It's neither good nor bad. It just is. It means, as I said, that Google didn't return the information.

What script are you using?

7. smaharjan2

smaharjan2 Neophyte

+0
    It's php script that I have in my signature link.

8. djbaxter

+463
    OK... phpLD. I think that's a known issue and probably one without remedy, although you could check at their support forums.

It happens with eSyndicat too - see the TAZ Directory and scroll down the left hand side to the list of PR ranks represented - there are 268 with PR -1 there. :)

It's really nothing to worry about.

9. smaharjan2

smaharjan2 Neophyte

+0
    Oh yes. Thanks minstrel, for your clarification and others who helped me in this topic.

10. Daniel0

Daniel0 Adherent

+5
    Live PR rankings are only available internally at Google. The rank public rank is occasionally updated. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I would imagine that it could perhaps result in -1 if the site is too new to have a public rank yet.

11. ericstan

ericstan Neophyte

+0
    This is insanse ! this is the first time I am ever hearing something like this !
    Pr usually range from 0-10 !

12. djbaxter

+463
    See above. It's nothing new and it's related to software betond Google's control.

13. reganstar

reganstar Participant

+0
    10 Links from Pagerank -1 sites equals 1 Link from a PR0 page, I think or maybe your site can be rated yet.

14. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    What rubbish! Did you even read this thread to see what -1 PR is?

15. janicejan

janicejan Aspirant

+0
    I used seoquake to view page ranking of websites and after visiting a lot of websites, I haven't encountered this one before..

16. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Participant

+1
    Blackhat will get you a negative standing with Google, but won't show up as a negative pagerank. :p

17. muqtada123

muqtada123 Neophyte

+0
    This must be a short for Supplemental page

Adding: because there is no such term "Negative Ranking" in eye of Google

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  18. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    no its not

19. Diana_Diana89

Diana_Diana89 Aspirant

+0
    the page rank -1 means that the website is very new . It will soon get to 0 .

20. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    Do you read threads before posting in them? ... there is NO such thing as PR of -1 !!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.