What do you enjoy the most about starting a new website ?

Star08

If only you knew
I really enjoy the marketting aspect and advertising, the butterflies when my site is online and ready to market. It is a great feeling and your asking yourself, could this be the next big thing ? I like the good feedback from members and seeing them using my website. The late nights knee deep in code trying to make a feature work and completing it, I think most importantly its mine and its owned by me :)

As the question says, look forward to your replies

Panupat

Habitué
Designing the website artisticly

until I have to start the CSS for it.

Serenity278

Aspirant
I like putting it together which I always learn new stuff when I do. So I guess the challenge of it...

hari

Tazmanian
Being a techie, first and foremost the programming aspects of it and then the styling/theming.

Bindings

Aspirant
I like telling people about it and convincing them to sign up for a while to start it off. Its nice having some friends that will help out for a while on stuff like that.

[Zoints]Knyteguy

Aspirant
Being a techie, first and foremost the programming aspects of it and then the styling/theming.

Pretty much the same here. I'm still pretty novice in PHP but I always learn something new. My last website, it was learning how to integrate vBulletin login with an external PHP page. It was a pain, but it felt damn good after I got it working. It even showed the logged in / logged out button correctly. I was pretty proud of myself.

Jeff_London

Participant
I love just seeing the finished product and spending time on something and seeing it succeed.

Hydrotoast

Enthusiast
My favorite part is pushing the updates with Git and knowing that I'll never have to touch the code and styles again—except for a few hotfixes.

Preemo

Fan
I like it when you're asking for people's opinions, and they really like it. :)

Fresnel

Neophyte
I like writing the content and working with the graphics. I like good feedback, too, but have only gotten that through a site I supermod on. Will be cool to see what I can get for my own. :bouncy:

StoneWilson

Enthusiast
the hope, no matter what it will be, at the beginning, you always hopes it getting better.

insideuniversal

Neophyte
Design. Always design. In fact, I probably spend too much time on the design rather than the all important content a website needs to thrive.

I've actually attempted to put a hard limit on myself to stop touching elements here and there and start focusing on how to build up a community.

MisterPersonality

Shut up and run!
The hype. I love anticipating the up and coming site and releasing all the hype once the site goes public and starts receiving traffic and whatnot.

viewcaster

Aspirant
I guess the initial design aspect, although my latest (and first in over ten years) attempt is a PHP based site so I am having to manually code most html of the main site and since my programming skills (yeah, even in html) is soo woefully weak, it hasn't been as much fun. I did use a visual editor for much of the adjoining "information" portion of my site and was able to get a bit more into design elements.

However, with the problems and time associated with trying to learn my way around php and even HTML, I think the thing I am enjoying most about this site is finally seeing users find usability in my site. Very fulfilling.

NerdForum

Adherent
I like tinkering with it, adding little things that most of the time probably won't even being noticed.

It's also a really, really satisfying feeling every time someone registers and makes a post.