What are we missing?

JadeBlade

Adherent
On this here message board and many others, I see something interesting. There is tons of forum projects and/or discussion based upon how "great" something is. So I figured this would be a great little topic piece.

What is one, or a few, features that we currently don't have? (or not implemented well)

I also am not talking about a thread that ends in "oh that script has a mod, it's easy to install" let's talk natively.

Please be very specific:

Better mod tools is not a valid response.

What i'm looking for:
I'd like to be able to group posts automatically underneath a tag so I can delegate certain groups for certains mods.

Personally, I'd like to see multiple layouts and templates easily changeable via drag and drop (similar to.. *shudder* vBulletin 5) but somehow accept every template this way.

bucket

badge consultant
I also am not talking about a thread that ends in "oh that script has a mod, it's easy to install"

couple years ago I got that response when I said it would be nice if forum software had built-in banner ad systems.

I want built-in banner ad rotation.

JadeBlade

Adherent
couple years ago I got that response when I said it would be nice if forum software had built-in banner ad systems.

I want built-in banner ad rotation.
I believe IPB does this?

luiss

Participant
This is an interesting question. Maybe a profile with a facebookish wall look? where you can attach files, photos and videos?

Jura

Devotee
IPB doesn't have a modification yet for a discussion bot. An account that posts a chosen amount depending on various triggers from a reply or thread. It then makes a post based on how you teach it. vB has had such modifications for ages.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Some software have some of these features, but there are quite a few which don't.

Dragging and dropping forums to reorder them.
Alerts. Quite a few don't have this yet.
Native sitemaps (SEO).
Microdata (SEO).
WYSIWYG which you can easily disable (WYSIWYG editors can be really heavy beasts, especially when you load tons of features onto them).
A mechanism capable of reducing the number of spammy posts down to the point where it's completely negligible without adversely affecting the user experience.
Mobile friendliness.
Wordpress-style Updates (Preferably not auto-updates).
Unicorns.
HTTP2 Support.
Possibly WebSockets style alerts to stream them live..?

That's just the stuff off the top of my head.
Of course, my personal favorite one would be a forum that can moderate itself. As-long as the software doesn't become self-aware and try to overthrow me.