vBulletin Welcome Threads 1.0

Auto-post a welcome thread for all new users , and/or returning users.

1. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,844
    MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Welcome Threads - Auto-post a welcome thread for all new users , and/or returning users.

Read more about this resource...

2. dknelson

dknelson Neophyte

+0
    I like this but it seems to post a "Welcome" message even before their membership is approved and before they even confirm their email. I am getting a lot of spammers and have had to turn off my welcome thread. As soon as a potential member submits their registrations, they get the welcome message. Any way it can be changed so that the message is not created until they are approved or until they have confirmed their email if moderation is not required?

3. MarkFL

+1,844
    It is hooked at "register_addmember_complete" and is only posted if the new user is in the "Registered" usergroup, which should only occur once email is verified, etc. :)

4. dknelson

dknelson Neophyte

+0
    I don't know why but it doesn't SEEM to be working right for me. I have had to turn on "moderate new members": due to the amount of spam registrations I am getting. I enable this mod and then logged out and created a new test registration. Even though the new test member shows up in the moderation queue in my control panel, the welcome message was created immediately.

5. MarkFL

+1,844
    If email verification has been satisfied, and the new user put into usergroup 2 (Registered User) , then they will get the welcome message. It's not designed to work with moderated users. Sorry. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.