We are Borg - AMA (you know the rest)

Discussion in 'Ask Me Anything' started by we_are_borg, Aug 9, 2018.

1. phatcows

phatcows Enthusiast

+129
    Dutch?

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,087
    Yes

3. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,563
    Are you working on any interesting projects you can tell us about?

4. we_are_borg

+2,087
    Well you know that i asked sometime ago about a new domain name that name is for a new project i am want to do. But i have three issues that i need to iron out, the first is time but that will solve it self i is/was renovating my house and the main floor is almost done, the other floors is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Second is making sure i got content to put up this is harder to do because you'll need time and its takes long to make and edit most will be video's if its tutorials and normal news will be written content. Third is money i need a camera that is 4k that is in the pro range (8k is to expensive so not even dreaming for that), high end workstation, 4k monitor, screenflow/OBS Studio (screen grab software), studio mic, Huion (Graphics Monitor Drawing Tablet), IPS renewal, logo's (not doing it myself) and a high-end workstation. I have enough cash for the workstation but i need to spend a bit more cash on that i want M.2 in the motherboard, but the CPU's went up last month by 150 euro's so that was the M.2 price so i wait a bit longer with buying. Its between the 2500 to 3000 euro.

At the moment i'm looking at a crowdfunding the site in the hope people see something in the way i want to work, also another factor is that it will all be done in the Dutch language. I'am also writing up a document what i need and how i envision the site and so on. It will be professional because else the niche i am in will not work also there is nothing professional for Dutch consumers at the moment.

Before i got sick i did far more then this i made some money on the side to fund my hobbies but at the moment i don't have anything. I did for example do hard stuff or stuff nobody wants to do like filling a web shop with information or enter other data on a website its not high-end but it paid well. I also love model trains i have some stuff and lots of tracks but its expensive and i think i will stop that hobby.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  5. Thalada

Thalada Aspirant

+11
    If you were offered a position in both vB & xF, which one would you chose?

6. we_are_borg

+2,087
    Neither.

• Also Wondering! Also Wondering! x 1
    • List
  7. we_are_borg

+2,087
    To expand on the above. First vBulletin no i would not work for them they made mistakes on mistakes to get to a point where i would trust a company like that you will need a manager. But that manager would need a budget (realistic budget) to make vBulletin 6 and a good team that knows what they are doing without interference of CEO or anything higher up.

Second Xenforo while i like the software i do not like the fanboys or fan girls there. The issue you have with it that criticism is good for a company you learn more from it then praise. If you look how it goes people defend Xenforo to their last breath but that is not what a company needs you need people that understand that you're want more not less. So i dont think i would be a good match for either companies.

Why did you not include IPS in this question ThaladaThalada

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  8. Thalada

Thalada Aspirant

+11
    Can I take, with proper team vB can still make a comeback with vB6?

I am not concerned about IPS :LOL:

9. Craigles700

Craigles700 Enthusiast

+69
    Amen!

Star Trek TOS, was the best.

What is your impression on "The 100"?

10. we_are_borg

+2,087
    I did not love The 100 i dont have a connection with it.

11. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,575
    What the hell, Borg? :ROFLMAO:

12. we_are_borg

+2,087
    I did not like it from episode 1.

13. Lisa

+8,575
    :eek::eek::eek:

14. we_are_borg

+2,087
    btw that does not happen often that i do not like a serie from episode one.

15. Craigles700

Craigles700 Enthusiast

+69
    It actually got better...

16. Lisa

+8,575
    :cry:
    It did. I'm collecting season 6 until it's complete so I can bingewatch it.

17. we_are_borg

+2,087
    My brother likes the serie he says its good. What is the other one i have trouble with i think its called “The Expanse” watching it but i dont know 5 episodes in and i still do not like it as much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.