Alfa1
vps-vultr-logo.png

Vultr

High Performance SSD Cloud
vps-vultr-logo.png
  1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,679
    This thread is for the general discussion of the Host Vultr. Please add to the discussion here.

2. JohnFound

JohnFound Participant

+78
    I moved my domain recently to Vultr, after very serious research and tests across different providers. The final number one was Vultr with its highest quality/price ratio.

The other players in my study was Amazon, Digital Ocean and Linode. The target goal was a budget cloud vps.

The purchased plan is their $5 a month plan with 1CPU core, 1GB RAM and 1TB BW.

For now, after two months of operation, the resolution is "without single problem". So for now Vultr is the company that hosts the fastest forum in the world. ;)

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,679
    That is pretty fast indeed.
    if you intended to provide a review of this host then please click the 'WRITE A REVIEW' button at the top of the page.

4. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,219
    Most of my current VPS's are with Vultr atm.

Linode and Digital Ocean are also just as good (DO has some new option sizes that are really handy).

I would not touch Amazon, they were terrible when I tried them (about 3 years ago now).

5. JohnFound

JohnFound Participant

+78
    Well, I am not sure such review and my experience will be useful for someone and will be
    representative about Vultr hosting as a whole, because my setup is very far from the commonly accepted "best practices". For example the whole web back-end running on the server is written in assembly language and C - my home page CMS, the demo/test installation of AsmBB, fossil version control system and SQLite as a database.

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,679
    Even if your setup is exotic, its still interesting for people to know if your experiences with Vultr have been positive or not.

7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,679
    Paul M Xon JohnFound
    What are your current opinions about Vultr?
    How do you like their interface?

On the surface the only downside I see is that they do not offer European payment options.

8. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,219
    I'm still using Vultr for most of my servers, including DNS & Main Site, and I'm still quite happy with them.

Their inteface is quite nice, and easy to use, although I still think the Linode inteface is better (not their new "web" one).
    Its definitely better (IMO) than Digital Ocean, who were not as good before, and made theirs much worse when they "improved" it.

As to payments, sure they only do US dollars, but then so do Linode & DO.
    I dont find it to be an issue at all - my payments are just auto converted by my credit card (or Paypal).

9. Banxix

Banxix Enthusiast

+55
    Have several servers in Vultr and have been running for years without problems, not even a minor outage. They have greatly improved their service after 2016.

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,679
    You are in the UK where credit cards are the norm. In Europe mainland SEPA payments are the norm. Here credit cards are exotic. I find it weird that internationally oriented companies do not accept EU payment methods.

11. FuturaMX

FuturaMX Neophyte

+2
    Vultr used to have a promotion where they'd give $25 of free credit if you provided a CC for validation. I tried them then and I was very happy with the results. I doubt the promo is still active, but it doesn't hurt to do some searching to make sure. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.