Viglink gone bad?

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by vbgamer45, Aug 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. vbgamer45

vbgamer45 Adherent

+81
    I used to really like Viglink but after they were bought out. It seems they have installed a ton of third party trackers.
    Which slows down your forum/website... It just is crazy. I have started removing them from my sites.
    It worked great before just affiliate links. Have attached some screenshots, it really fills up the network log in developer tools and some of trackers reconnect after a period of time.

Anyone else notice this?

Attached Files:

2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,449
    do you have "Optimize Links" turned on or Insert turned on? Try turning those off in the dashboard

3. vbgamer45

vbgamer45 Adherent

+81
    No. Just have these enabled

Reaffiliate Affiliated Links

Link URLs

4. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,063
    we have turned off the viglink service a few mths ago

5. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,236
    I switched to Skimlinks some time ago and never looked back.

6. overcast

overcast Enthusiast

+44
    For some reason I always felt that Viglink and Skimlinks may steal the commission and often may not be fair for the affiliates.

7. vbgamer45

vbgamer45 Adherent

+81
    Might have to roll my own. Most of the revenue for my sites came from ebay/amazon. I did try to apply to skimlinks but was rejected not sure why maybe since I do user generated content with my forum hosting sites.

8. overcast

overcast Enthusiast

+44
    Ebay is hard to get into. I am not even sure if they continue to accept new affiliates. It's a dying company, they are mostly alive because of pawnshops, refurbished and old stuff sellers. You should go with amazon ads of your own instead. They do have script that auto ads the keyword ads and the ads block below post footers or for mobile view.

9. KimmiKat

KimmiKat Adherent

+112
    I've been blocking vigilinks for ages. Whacks out the text-to-speech reader.

10. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,236
    What basis do you have for this? I never had a problem with payment from either.

11. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,236
    But how is this relevant?

12. davert

davert Enthusiast

+38
    Viglink has multiple services, as joeychgo implied. You can be selective about which ones you take, which in my experience altered the trackers. That said, I haven't used them in a while since the return, in my experience, wasn't that great. Your mileage may vary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.