Alan, you are a Godsend. Thank you. :giggle:

3. Caliope

Caliope 70's Fashion Icon

+410
    I can see that being a rather popular mod :giggle:

4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Fan

+26
    ..for particular people, you got that right!

Clarification question -- it locks to the original closer, regardless of ugroup? Meaning, if Administrator level, 2 ppl in there, 1 closes, other cannot open?

5. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,477
    Alan, you are officially awesome!

6. AlanCIT

AlanCIT Coder/Designer

+57
    Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, so I'll just explain how it works in detail :giggle:

1) If someone tries to reply to a closed thread it checks to see who closed that thread.
    2) If the thread was closed by an admin it displays the screenshot in my first post.
    3) If the person trying to post is the admin who closed the thread, it lets them post.
    4) If anyone other than an admin closed the thread (mod / supermod) then this mod does nothing and the normal vB rules apply.

This only affects people trying to reply to a closed thread. mods / supermods / other admins can still re-open the thread as they normally could.

Hope that clears it up :byebye:

And to everyone else, happy to help :eek:

7. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Fan

+26

Thanks for the extra detail. I put in blue what to your detail to clear up my chicken scratch that started this. lol

My situation is that have other people also as Administrator level, ergo same perms as myself. This addon will help those that lack that keen sense of eye for a thread's status (i.e., not paying the eff attention). :giggle:

8. AlanCIT

AlanCIT Coder/Designer

+57
    So if admin1 closed a thread, can admin2 reply to it? No, they can't :byebye: The only person who can reply to it is admin1.

9. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Fan

+26
    grazie!!

10. AlanCIT

AlanCIT Coder/Designer

+57
    I should probably point out as well that this mod checks the moderator log to find out who closed a thread. That means that if you prune your moderator logs a lot then this mod probably won't do much good as it won't know who closed an old thread :tdown:

If it can't figure out who closed a thread then it just gives up and lets them reply (assuming they are staff and have permissions of course)

11. Chevalier

Chevalier Neophyte

+0
    Hey! Thanks for this one!!! =D

12. Khthonia

Khthonia Neophyte

+0
    A long shot but will this work on 3.7.3?

13. AlanCIT

AlanCIT Coder/Designer

+57
    I'm going to go with "possibly" :tup:

I'm afraid I don't have a copy of vBulletin 3.7.3 so I can't test it but it isn't a complicated mod so it will probably work ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.