Vbseo Like System

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Miyukichii, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Miyukichii

Miyukichii Aspirant

+4
    I've always loved vbseo like system in term of simple function, its features to show on top of the thread the total number of likes and design.

But with php upgrade, vbseo broke the site. Is anyone interested in building a stand alone like system similar to vbseo ?

Attached Files:

2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,698
    Why are you running vbSEO in 2018?
    It has been unsupported for many years and is before it was supported it was plagued with security vulnerabilities. Now its really unwise to run.
    Example: https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/01/serious-vulnerability-on-vbseo.html

A quick google search for your account name lead me to a pastebin with usernames, passwords and emails for forums members. If those are from your site then that's not good. The Apeuruxy pastbin has 2k views.

3. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,179
    vbSEO has been unsupported for many years now and might not work at all with php7. Its use is no longer recommended for any purpose as security issues cannot be resolved, and its compatibility with current server software will not improve.

If you need the SEO functions, Dragonbyte's DBseo is at least supported. They also have a like system for vb3/4. If you're interested in either Belazor floats around.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  4. Miyukichii

Miyukichii Aspirant

+4
    This entire thread was about vbseo like plugin as a stand alone not vbseo as a whole !! I don't run vbseo anymore.

5. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,179
    Assuming your forum's vbSEO likes' data was not lost, you could import it in dragonbyte's like addon.

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,698
    If your site is Anime TN CrunCHy as named in the Apeuruxy pastebin then please do a security audit.
    I see that that pastebin is linked to and copied on various sites. Hackers have been using it since April.
    It includes hundreds of account names, email and passwords including yours.
    If this is the login for your admin account and others staff then you need consider your server compromised and need to fix this. If you use the same password for your email, server or other sites then change it. Use 2 factor authentication everywhere.

Do not use any addon that is old and unsupported. vbSEO likes is not supported since many years.
    It is a good idea to upgrade to php7 and all other software you run to the latest version.
    I highly recommend vbSecurity by DragonByteTech.

7. Miyukichii

Miyukichii Aspirant

+4
    That is not my site.

I tried Dragonbyte addons and they slow down vbulletin and eats too much resources. So i won't use them again.

I like Vbseo like system in term of function and design. If anyone is welling to create a stand alone plugin that works and functions like it.

8. Banxix

Banxix Enthusiast

+55
    It is a waste of time so I just wrote a script to migrate vBSeo Likes to my modified version of Post thank you hack.

9. Miyukichii

Miyukichii Aspirant

+4
    Is there a nice plugin similar to vbseo in term of thank you ? i really like its design and features but if there is something similar for vbulletin, i can test it.

10. Banxix

Banxix Enthusiast

+55
    You may try DBTech Post thanks / likes, but I do not like their implementation, it is usually unnecessarily complicated.

Post thank you hack is the best option now. vB4 is already EOL so I don't think you could find new free mod for it.

You can modify Post thank you hack to match vBSEO Like style though.

11. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,844
    I've installed DBTech's post thanks product on a bunch of sites, both the Pro and Lite versions, and never had any issues with it. I think it offers more power/flexibility than any other such system for vB that I've seen.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  12. highlander29

highlander29 Enthusiast

+58
    I run DBSEO and while it's functional and it has many features, I believe it does little for SEO. I don't think an SEO plugin adds much value these days if you are running VB4+ or Xenforo. DBSEO consumes a lot of resources and does make my site slower. I'd remove it but it's changed my url structure and I don't want to have to change that. Best to do other things for SEO like link building, creating great content, etc. As mentioned above, I do use VBSecurity and the Likes/Thanks plugin from DBTECH which are excellent though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.