vBSEO discussions

Discussion in 'Forum SEO' started by Gibby, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Gibby

Gibby Jesus Freak

+0
    Speaking from experience, are there any "musts" to improve VB SEO right out of the box?

Also, should I wait until the upgrade to 3.7.0 before getting too wild and crazy with SEO? Thanks!

2. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    Ya, header tags on show thread + forum display.

3. Gibby

Gibby Jesus Freak

+0
    THanks! Now how do I do that? :confused:

4. MoMagic

MoMagic Aspirant

+0
    VB seo?

The VBulletin seo software is that something that just runs by itself all the time? does it work well?

Mo

5. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    no.

but it would be easier if you just check all the other threads on this

6. Webministrator

Webministrator Habitué

+9
    Yes, it does run by itself and yes, it does work well.

7. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    Are you asking about vBulletin software? or one of the add-ons for additional SEO for vBulletin?

8. MoMagic

MoMagic Aspirant

+0
    one of the ad ons

9. Mosss

Mosss Enthusiast

+0
    I'm sure that vBulletin SEO must be the same as for thouthand other web sites.
    _meta tags
    - submitting to the directoires. You need atract visitors not only from SE. "Word of mouth " is the best option for social web sites

10. djbaxter

+463
    The only one that matters for SEO is the title tag. The meta description tag is important because it's used as the "snippet" in SE listings. The rest are pretty much a waste of space.

Be very selective about directories. They don't help as much as they used to and the majority requiring payment aren't worth it.

11. Hayk

Hayk Aspirant

+0
    VBSEO is a great thing surely;)

12. djbaxter

+463
    If everyone believed that, there wouldn't be threads like these on pretty much every webmaster forum in existence. :)

13. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Ex-TAZ user

+4
    vBSEO is great. Have a look at it in action at http://fhq.forumer.com
    If you notice, thanks to vBSEO, the thread about funny images in the genral chat are, is a big hit, but then, it is also due to a high PR.

14. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    How did vBSEO make that thread popular? How do you know it not popular for other reasons?

15. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Ex-TAZ user

+4
    because the image title is funny pics, start loling and the url is http://fhq.forumer.com/general-chat-area/74481-funny-pics-start-loling.html
    which makes it faster and easier for search engines to index it.
    And funny pictures/images.photos is a very common search if you realise.
    Thus it is very popular.

16. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    How do you know that? How do you know that the thread would not have ranked just as well withot vBSEO? Having the keyword in the URL carries either no weight or a miniscule weight in the rankings. It used to carry more in the past.

17. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Ex-TAZ user

+4
    1> The same thread in a non-vbseo forum, with a higher PR, did NOT yield much, and did not turn up in search engines for a long time.
    2> You are getting very aggressive towards me.

18. cbp

cbp Habitué

+21
    BUT, that still does not mean it had anything to do with vBSEO. I can think of >100 different reasons for that to happen other than vBSEO, so I ask again, how do you know it was due to vBSEO?
    Nope. You made a claim that you have not substantiated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.