vbSEO coming back, under new management

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
vbSEO will apparently be making a comeback after a long downtime and even longer stalled development sprinkled with salty drama and silence.

http://vbseo.com/

For our fellow site owners and forum enthusiasts, vBSEO will be back up and running under new management in the very near future.

We feel vBSEO remains one of the most valuable tools ever built to help grow online communities, and we are proud to continue supporting it's many customers.

We will continue developing and building vBSEO to support the future needs of the segment it serves.

Stay tuned for more information. Thank you.

doubt

Tazmanian
Good luck to them.
It wasn't supported for a long time, will be a hard job to sell it again for VB 3 & 4
(There is no market for VB5)

jadmperry

Fan
Interesting....aside from the internal vBSEO "problems" I wonder what they can do with vB5. It is so different from previous versions of vB that I see significant technical challenges.

As a company, given the significant issues with vB generally, I wonder how this will play out (and...I state the above with the understanding that some folks will try to turn this statement into something it is not; if folks disagree and think vB is really doing well and that my comments were part of a "chorus of a vocal minority of disgruntled customers," just skip the argument. If vB is really in great shape and my comments are not factually correct, then the product and its future will speak for itself). Seems interesting, though, that some folks (the new team at vBSEO) see enough value in the market to embark on this. I have no information about this, so I am just speculating, but, my thought is that they see residual value in supporting the vB 3.x and 4.x line. I have a hard time thinking they are betting on vB5. But, like I wrote, this is all speculation.

Mark.B

Tazmanian
Frankly, I don't believe it. Who is this 'new team'? I can't believe anyone would be interested now, who is going to buy the product?

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Interesting....aside from the internal vBSEO "problems" I wonder what they can do with vB5. It is so different from previous versions of vB that I see significant technical challenges.
vbRewrite (apparently setup/owned by current or past vbSEO staff) supposedly had a working SEO addon for vb5 already available.

For all you know that's the new management. If so, it could accelerate delivery of current code while the company resumes servicing the old versions and customers. That's assuming they're a credible bunch of course, otherwise Dragonbyte's addons may be a better option.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
I can't wait. While vB may not be as great, vBSEO was always a company an administrator could rely on for great support and improvement to their own infrastructure.

Mark.B

Tazmanian
vbRewrite (apparently setup/owned by current or past vbSEO staff) supposedly had a working SEO addon for vb5 already available.

For all you know that's the new management.

Be nice if some of these people could be a little upfront about who they actually are. Otherwise, people may assume they are hiding something. That goes for the "new team" and also "vBRewrite" who also don't seem keen to tell you who they are.

Otherwise, to a lot of people it says "you are the same owners as before and are trying to hide it".

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Good thing for vB in my opinion. Thanks for the update Lead Crow.

Boothby

Enthusiast
I wonder why someone would invest in an ecosystem which is dying. It may be the biggest ecosystem at this time, but its future is very vague. And the need for seo-ing standard forum software becomes more and more less because they have all their seo-system built in.

Anyway I wish them luck.

HallofFamer

Habitué
A lot of people aint paying for this thing, they either wont use it or they use warez/cracked version. Seriously I believe VBSEO's old price was way too high, my own forum does not use SEO.

weave

Participant
Too little too late in my opinion.

A lot of people have moved on from them and it will take a lot of confidence before people will trust the "new" company

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Moved on a little more than a year before they went belly up because the writing was on the wall. Not going to risk them again, and I have implemented plenty of in house SEO since.

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Won't that break when you upgrade script and all ?

Any custom skin, which many sites use, will have similar issues. I put <vb:comment> tags with comments of any changes I make. Upgrades worst case take an extra 30 minutes or so to merge in changes which VB can't automatically merge.

I also have a great many which are implemented outside of VB via mod_substitute and .htaccess rewrite rules.

bossArch

Participant
Frankly, I don't believe it. Who is this 'new team'? I can't believe anyone would be interested now, who is going to buy the product?
exactly the same thoughts and questions here.... Its just somehow unimaginable for me....... noone who is thinking normally would not buy the product......its waste of money imho

we_are_borg

Tazmanian

The same people that are buying crappy vBulletin products at the moment :shades:

Too little too late in my opinion.

A lot of people have moved on from them and it will take a lot of confidence before people will trust the "new" company
You hit the bullseye. You're right... A little too late.

The ship has sailed.

GTB

Tazmanian
It's interesting that vBSEO has come back, but this time the sister (Ellia, or whatever her name is) and husband duo, the pair that cried so much about vBSEO on AT. Have not been "screaming foul play" over it this time? In fact they've said nothing at all since this came out.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
vbRewrite was already shady enough with all the clue trail it left behind.

Anyway, anyone believing there's a viable market in a vbSEO chained to vBulletin when the tide clearly turned either failed economy 101 or their only plan is to honor existing contracts and ride out support renewals on a penny just for the hell of it. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed...