vB5 Help Me Thread

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by VICE, Dec 20, 2014.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,721
    Congrats, you just defined "Double standard." One standard for things you expect and another for things you don't.

2. Deimos

Deimos Devotee

+1,296
    Instead of taking digs at Scott, yet again, can you answer the questions I and Daniel asked? Namely about the spec of the hardware and software configuration?

3. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,721
    I will answer nothing. It's all confidential.

4. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    Edit: I would love to believe you, authority am finding it hard to as we dont know about the hardware spec and software configuration.

5. Deimos

Deimos Devotee

+1,296
    Apparently it's "confidential" and we're all supposed to just believe him.
    Lol, something isn't quite right with Joe, he needs help.

6. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    Yeah something not not right, and I was just about to edit again to fix a typo. It can stay there :)

7. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,958
    Sorry Joe, but you should go look at what the definition of "double standard" is. The situation of Adam saying vB5 is pucking wads with the big forum he is working on and you saying you have clients that run big forums successfully are far from the same situation. They are complete opposites. The only thing that makes the situations similar is the fact you both don't want to give up any more in-depth information about the systems or who they are.

Scott

8. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,721
    upload_2014-12-23_7-35-44.png

Seems right to me... You are willing to accept as fact without proof what Adam says, but not what I say.

9. euantor

euantor MyBB Lead Developer

+407

So obviously the server config is confidential, as is the URL to both of these sites. Can I ask how many posts per day/thread per day there are? Are all features of the software being used? Can I also ask if you've actually benchmarked vB5 vs XenForo in these two specific cases (it seems you have when you state that "VB5 runs awesome, faster than XenForo even")? I'm just curious is all. Every benchmark I've ever seen has vB5 running significantly slower than XenForo on the same hardware and statistics.

I would imagine the front end for a guest might run faster for vB5 given guest caching being enabled (and a decent cache system being used, as well as an opcode cache), but I'd like to know what kind of speed difference (either as a percentage or as hard numbers in terms of seconds/milliseconds) there is between the two when logged in as a user.

10. DemOnstar

DemOnstar 50 years in the making

+762
    Well, from what I can gather from the above, vB 5 needs a confidential, matrix kind of set up to run effectively, which fortunately, every new user has to hand for vB 5 instances.
    And when one goes to the host and purchases web space for the vB 5 install, this is what the new user should say.

"Hi, I am a new vB 5 user, I also have Masonic connections and references from the Illuminati. I have 'code word' vB5. Hows about you lot sorting me out with some secret recipes yeah? Nice one. And thanks, chuugh wuff patz."

How can links to a website be confidential when the whole point of a website is exposure?

11. TJA

TJA Resident Sheep Fondler

+874
    Because he's telling.....
    awww.purecreativemarketing.net_images_pack_design_pork_pie21.jpg

*if unsure of the link check out rhyming slang for pork pies

12. DemOnstar

+762
    I would kill for a pie, even a Stobarts. it has been a while.

Show me a pie, show me a vB 5 website that is as good as a pie and I will use my license.

13. TJA

+874
    Good luck with that :ROFLMAO:

14. DemOnstar

+762
    At this stage of the game, I will settle for a Hot Pot.

15. TJA

+874
    Lancashire or Yorkshire?

16. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,958
    Firstly, there is no rule here. I am believing Adam more than you, because there HAS been proof that vB5 is terribly poor in terms of performance. Even vB staff in the past have said, "it is only good for starting sites".

Had you and Adam both said vB performs well for big boards and I'd believe you more than him, that might be considered a double standard, even though there is no standard here.

You can stop trying to call me a hypocrite. Bottom line is (and your talent at avoiding), vB5 is a sloth of a software. Whether Adam's story is real or not, doesn't waver that fact.

Scott

17. DemOnstar

+762
    Lancashire was what I had in mind but Yorkshire would do.
    Anyway, thread derailment in process here and you know what they are like.
    Besides, you can't furnish me with any Hot Pot right now and it is unfair to even gloat about it.

'Slothware.'

Merry Xmas Mr Molinari.

18. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,087
    Because you lost your creatability some time ago.

19. Rasty

Rasty Fan

+480
    Is creatability were you are really good at telling tall tales? :rolleyes:

20. Boothby

Boothby Enthusiast

+100
    I think back then Joe R. was good in telling tales. He was a real champ in this matter. But today? Only the same old story. All creatability is gone.

Happy X-mas everywhere! :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.